Pick Up and Move

TXDisney

Original Poster
I constantly think about picking up and moving to the WDW area and becoming a local. Problem is a job for my wife and I. We don't make incredible money, but aren't poor either. So we'd have to make sure we had a decent job down there to go to. My wife works in the financial investment business, so she could get a job fairly easy. Me... not so much. I work for the Government, the Treasury Dept. and there's no jobs like that down there. Meaning I'd need to do a career change. Not very many entry level jobs will pay me what I make now. I'm trying to see if there's an avenue I can go down in the Disney community. I started a Disney Instagram page about a year ago (txdisney) and have gotten up to almost 5k followers. I'd love to do something with that in the Disney community.

rk03221

Be aware that the wages in FL are way lower than national average and while the housing prices are going up its forcing alot of people out. I also wouldnt get a job with disney they do not pay good at all

Disorbust

I have to agree. I also have been looking at relocating and as an RN the wages are 30% below what they are here. I had thought that housing would be cheaper but no its higher which I still don't get since they don't even have basements lol. Plus I have read that insurance is also higher.

rk03221

I have to agree. I also have been looking at relocating and as an RN the wages are 30% below what they are here. I had thought that housing would be cheaper but no its higher which I still don't get since they don't even have basements lol. Plus I have read that insurance is also higher.

Yes and insurance is higher, especially car insurance I’m paying $350 a month just for myself and I’ve never been in an accident, been driving for years. It’s because Central Florida has the highest accident rate in the country. I think the housing is because there are a lot of rich people from northern states here building bigger houses and such.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes and insurance is higher, especially car insurance I’m paying $350 a month just for myself and I’ve never been in an accident, been driving for years. It’s because Central Florida has the highest accident rate in the country. I think the housing is because there are a lot of rich people from northern states here building bigger houses and such.

If you'd change your demographics about whom you'd be more accurate. It's older people from Northern states looking to escape the brutal reality that is the North in winter. Short days, low sun light, cold and wet for months. High density urban locations pay very well in comparison to most of Florida.

Driver

Unfortunately for you your insurance is high because you are young. As you age if you don't have accidents your rates will get better. I insure a late model car, dually pick up and an RV plus my wife with full coverage on everything for a lot less than you are paying. But I'm twice your age. You are in an age group that insurance companies regard as high risk because of the statistics of your age group. I'm sure you may know all this I'm just making conversation.

Disorbust

but not just car insurance, house insurance is also high. Plus car registration etc... It doesn'tbalance with no no state income tax as an offset. The RN wages are ridiculously low which I don't understand because Florida has a HUGE shortage.

Driver

but not just car insurance, house insurance is also high. Plus car registration etc... It doesn'tbalance with no no state income tax as an offset. The RN wages are ridiculously low which I don't understand because Florida has a HUGE shortage.
As far as wages I agree but then again "it's Florida" ! I won't complain about taxes I'm a transplant from the northeast. I saved almost $20,000 in taxes by moving here. That's a lot of money they tax you to breathe up there!!

bluetiedye

What do you do for the Treasury? There are finance and banking jobs everywhere. And having the Treasury Department on a resume probably looks really good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom