Pick three to come back... but just 3.

sarabi

1. Tapestry of Nations. Best parade ever, but I understand why it's gone. It just makes me sad.

2. The sun dried tomato pesto they used to serve with the bread at Tony's Town Square. They stopped serving it when the Dining plan started. It was like the best sauce ever.

3. Skyway to Tomorrowland/Fantasyland. Photo ops you cannot get elsewhere.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I only have one:

ORIGINAL Main Street Elecrical Parade!

I love Spectro but I have such wonderful memories of that parade from when I was a kid. Just hearing the music brings tears to my eyes. I even have it set as my ringtone :ROFLOL:

I do miss the Skyway, AE, If I had wings.... too. But MSEP is what I miss the most.
Good, I'm not the only one. Now if I could only get Casey Jr.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Horizons - When I think of an "Epcot Original" I think of Horizons. Never a line, always a great time. Loved this attraction more than any other in all of WDW.

Alien Encouter - Love the character of Stitch but not the attraction. AE was another original creation for MK not based on any other Disney movie or character.

Sandwiches at Aunt Polly's - I used to love grabbing a bite on the island and feeding the ducks in this quiet little corner of MK. Now it's just a place for snacks.

If we're talking food, give me the old Land Food Court. BBQ and Baked Potatoes!!!!

DisneyFan1003

1. Horizons - I can still smell the oranges!
2. Tapestry of Dreams Parade - so original and cool!
3. Hunchback show in DHS - hands down the best stage show in the park!

Hmmm... some of these were before my trips, but I'll have to go with (not any order)

1. Horizons
2. World of Motion
3. Tapestry of Nations

Of course as soon as I post this I'll think of a trillion better ones! :lol:

cndrellagrl

1. Horizons

2. Dream Flight

3. The original Backlot Tour when the houses were still there

Also loved WOM...was so sad to see it go, but love what replaced it.

:sohappy:YES YES YES!!! :sohappy:I loved the original backlot tour! I could not agree with you more. That was my favorite, its simply not the same without the houses.

Also, Hunchback of Notre Dame show and the original imagination!

wdwfan100

Great Thread.

1. Mr. Toads Wild Ride-
This was my first favorite ride when my parents took me as a child. Then it was my kids first favorite when my wife and I took them. It is hard to beat nostalgia like that.

2. Horizons-
Again a classic. I was in awe the first time through.

3. Skyway in the MK-
I always loved this ride and enjoyed the panoramic views

-Skyway in the Magic Kingdom...just plain fun and great views.

-The Timekeeper...it was such a smart little show drawing on history and using great actors.

-Tapestry of Nations....I've written this before but I really mean it so I think its worth repeating:

I think it's a shame "Tapestry of Nations" disappeared.

Parades are such a fun part of the parks, and I used to think that there could never be one that would be a good fit for Epcot.
But the Tapestry of Nations parade captured the spirit of Epcot so perfectly it was incredible. The idea of nations coming together to make something beautiful is for me exactly what the World Showcase is all about. And the parade made that idea visual and audible...the colors and textures were gorgeous and music was so uplifting (still IS uplifting when its used after Illuminations).

I can still remember seeing that parade, at dusk, in 2000. Everyone was smiling so broadly. The fun, colorful part appealed to kids (even though there were no characters) and I think the larger themes about international togetherness touched the adults. There was such wonderful audience interaction as well...I'll never forget how my mom came back to us laughing and crying after twirling and bowing to a puppeteer (it was her dream to be in a parade and she didn't expect it) or how my dad was giggling the entire time about how the performers came right up to his video camera.

When I think about the parade I think of laughing and glowing faces, of hope and happiness and togetherness. I remember saying to myself, wow Walt would have liked this.
I can totally understand how it jammed the pathway around the World Showcase and how maybe it would have not aged that well. And I was the first one to admit that Tapestry of Dreams was trite.

When I think back to Epcot during the Millennium celebration and the slogan "Celebrate the Future, Hand in Hand" I still tear up. I know it's not out of nostalgia for the wand or for Millennium Village...its for my memory of the parade.
Maybe it was better as a one year sort of thing. I know things in the parks have to change. But I do miss it. Whenever they play the music I can't help but feel really happy and smile.

okay, so that's my list :)

EPCOT Explorer

I feel the same exact way about that parade...Perfect DISNEY parade.

Weyla...la...weyla...weyla la weyla...weyla la weyla weeeeyyyyyy...My family still sings it.:eek:

EDIT-And I'm listening to it now. :) Memories....

promod1955

1. AE. Not a fan at all of what replaced it. very sore subject for me. :mad:

2. 20k. I was little and remember bits and pieces of it. I wish i could go back and ride it one more time to remember it as a whole.

3. Dreamflight. always loved the part where you felt like you were inside the jet engine then you went up into the clouds. i still remember that to this day! As bad as i hated to see this go, buzz ended up being good so it wasn't a total loss. If it wasnt for trying to be a galactic hero points wise, Id'e close my eyes and pretend it was still dreamflight.

If 4 was an option. World of motion. I can't remember it but from the videos I've seen, I would of loved it. However one of my favorite rides is TT.

Krack

1. World of Motion

2. Imagination (including Imageworks and Captain EO)

3. Horizons

Gutting these three have gone a long way towards ruining EPCOT Center (along with The Living Pixar Seas and pretending Wonders of Life doesn't exist).

jonnyc

1. Alien Encounter - One of my all time favourite rides. So well themed, it could make you feel scared, and make you laugh (Specificly with an excellent mother-in-law joke). I remember riding it for the first time when i was 9, i was petrified, but i loved it!

2. River Country - I never got to go there :(, it was open the first couple of years i went, but due to particular days it was open I never had the chance to expeirence it.

3. I agree with all the things said about Tapistry of Nations. I have never been big on parades, but this one was something special.

And now for secret choice number 4:

RNRC When the poor cast member had to go and get the guitar in every pre-show - Always made me smile! Although i can see why they stopped it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom