Pick a Caribbean Beach building! And other CBR questions...

polynesiangirl

Yes, *two* posts from me back to back! I'm full of questions today. :p

So, I have stayed at CBR (Caribbean Beach Resort) exactly one time before our upcoming trip and since I was a kid and we were only at that resort for like 1-2 nights (we used to resort hop a lot,) I have absolutely no idea what building we were in. We were pretty close to the main pool though, I think.

Anyways, which building is your favorite? All three of us that are going are young and in good shape, so walking isn't really a big issue for us, but something that isn't waaaaay out there would be nice I guess. I've looked at the resort map but I'm still not sure which to ask for. (Also, we booked a water/pool view room if that matters.) We aren't too crazy about *tons* of noise though (my husband doesn't sleep very soundly, but can deal if need be.)

Also, can someone give me a better idea of what the bus situation is like there? Does it stop at various spots at the resort, or only pick up from a central location? Anyone have any idea what the routes are like (i.e. where else does it stop before going to a park?) We had a car last time so we never had to take the bus from there before. Allears kind of had this info but I wasn't totally clear.

Much thanks!!! :sohappy:

campdisney

Martinique would be my personal choice as I like to be close to the main building. I've not stayed in that building myself so I don't know about the noise. I think we were in Barbados. I don't really remember. We were a short walk away from the quiet pool. Very quiet in general but quite a hike to the bus stop on sore feet.

Bus stops are spread out around the hotel and the route follows around the main road. You should be able to see the stops or at least the main road it follows on your map. I think there were about 6 bus stops all together.

Upvote 0

rshell68

CB is one of our favorite resorts. We've always requested Martinique. Not too far of a walk to Port Royale and there is a bus stop close.

Upvote 0

bferrara16

Trinidad South is waaaaaaaay away from Old Port Royale... but it does have the benefit of often being the last pickup before you head to the parks (which also means you have to stand often)

I liked Aruba when I stayed there. It was right across the bridge from OPR.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Martinique is closest to the food court and main pool, but we used to request Jamaica when we'd stay there. It's a nice walk over the bridge (are the turtles still there?) to Port Royale.

Upvote 0

PrincessAimee

Yes, *two* posts from me back to back! I'm full of questions today. :p

So, I have stayed at CBR (Caribbean Beach Resort) exactly one time before our upcoming trip and since I was a kid and we were only at that resort for like 1-2 nights (we used to resort hop a lot,) I have absolutely no idea what building we were in. We were pretty close to the main pool though, I think.

Anyways, which building is your favorite? All three of us that are going are young and in good shape, so walking isn't really a big issue for us, but something that isn't waaaaay out there would be nice I guess. I've looked at the resort map but I'm still not sure which to ask for. (Also, we booked a water/pool view room if that matters.) We aren't too crazy about *tons* of noise though (my husband doesn't sleep very soundly, but can deal if need be.)

Also, can someone give me a better idea of what the bus situation is like there? Does it stop at various spots at the resort, or only pick up from a central location? Anyone have any idea what the routes are like (i.e. where else does it stop before going to a park?) We had a car last time so we never had to take the bus from there before. Allears kind of had this info but I wasn't totally clear.

Much thanks!!! :sohappy:

We stayed at the Jamaica building 11 years ago. We had a beach right behind our building and a short but enjoyable walk to the main shopping area. There was a bus stop right out in the front of our building too. The whole area was great. We plan to go back next may.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Original Poster
Thanks guys! You are always so speedy with replies. :)

One other question on the topic of the bus routes...does CBR share a route with any other resorts (for example, does it first go to another hotel, THEN pick up people at CBR, and THEN go to, say, MGM?) I know a few of them used to share bus routes, but I don't remember which ones or if they still do that. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

saltmom1

The only destination within the park where we shared a bus with another resort (AKL)was TL when I stayed there 2 years ago and we were the first to be picked up. My vote is for Jamaica. We were in building #44 and it was the perfect spot for us. We could see the bus stop from our room and the food court and main pool were a nice 5 minute walk. The quiet pool was a 2-3 minute walk.
Two years ago Monday we left for WDW. Wish we were going this year. :cry:

Upvote 0

Kriszee1

I've stayed there twice, Once at Aruba & once at Jamaica. My vote is Jamaica.....not too bad of a walk, quiet, the bar is right over the bridge. Sorry, I drove the last time so I am not so sure about buses. The last time I used the bus there was 1990.

Upvote 0

tammycooley

Count me in for the Jamaica vote!!! We stayed in bldg 45 in 2005 and have asked for the same bldg and hopefully the same room in 2007--it was AWESOME!!!!! You walk over a little bridge onto this little island--then over another little bridge and you are at the main pool and also the food court. I never had a problem either with the bus situation..seems like most of the buses started at Jamaica when we where there so we had prime seating!!! Have a great trip!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0
We have stayed in Jamaica and Aruba. Our requests were for either building, but 'near the bridge'.

Both were a short distance over the bridge to the food court, for coffee in the am.

When we stayed in Aruba, we used the Jamiaca bus stop, either was fine. We did seem to be the first picked up and dropped off, which we liked.

We liked it over here due to lower noise levels and if we wanted to be in the midst of it all, we could go over to the mail pool.

Each building has it's own quiet pool, but only one small hot tub at the main pool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom