PHOTOS - Take a complete tour through a completed Bora Bora Bungalow at Disney's Polynesian Village

hokielutz

That is an incredible interior. Great finishes... but I am a bit disappointed with a couple aspects.

The pull down beds with the electric floating parade appears look too small for me to curl up in. Where am i to sleep?

MarkTwain

I'm very happy the cabins will be so pretty for the few dozen people that can afford to stay at them at a time. I must admit, the design is astonishing.

I'm very sorry for the thousands of other people that had fond memories of the publically-accessible, and equally beautiful beach they were built on.

Sped2424

The design on the inside is nice, but it still fails in it's execution as the entire point to a bungalow is having the advantage of being over an ocean, and not a swamp. More expensive to stay at a bungalow imitating bora bora than it is to stay at bungalow in the real bora bora, only at Disney folks.

tongaloosh

That is an incredible interior. Great finishes... but I am a bit disappointed with a couple aspects.

The pull down beds with the electric floating parade appears look too small for me to curl up in. Where am i to sleep?
That's exactly what I was thinking. The larger beds are nice and all, but I want to sleep with the pageant!

UGH. Why are DVC memberships so expensive? T.T
One day I will rent you. One. Day.
A DVC Membership won't help much. At 841 points for a week in value season there aren't that many members who can afford it. And this is actually just a 2 bedroom. I can get a week at Bay Lake Tower in a 3 bedroom Grand Villa with a magic kingdom view in value season for 750 points, or a week in a Grand Villa at the Grand Floridian Villas for 824 points. Sometimes I don't get DVC thinking. And I don't think it necessarily has to do with the number of units. There are 14 total Grand Villas at BLT and 6 at GFV.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

A DVC Membership won't help much. At 841 points for a week in value season there aren't that many members who can afford it. And this is actually just a 2 bedroom. I can get a week at Bay Lake Tower in a 3 bedroom Grand Villa with a magic kingdom view in value season for 750 points, or a week in a Grand Villa at the Grand Floridian Villas for 824 points. Sometimes I don't get DVC thinking. And I don't think it necessarily has to do with the number of units. There are 14 total Grand Villas at BLT and 6 at GFV.

It is rather insane.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I think that these bungalows are mostly going to be rented, for one night only. Who, but the very wealthy can afford these, for a week? I wish I had the opportunity, for just one night, but the budget won't allow it. Itwould be a nice bucket list dream....:happy:

That is typically how we go about renting DVC points. We've been testing the waters in the resorts over the past few years. It's always just a night or two here and there. I actually think these new villas and the WL villas are the only DVC resorts we haven't tried.

On the topic of cutting costs: For the extremely expensive resorts, we have been shacking up with friends in the rooms since there's always so much space. It also helps cut down the cost considerably. However, it's just me and my wife, so if you have a family, you're definitely stuck with the entire bill.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I really like these. I wish I could afford to stay, even just for a night.
I only have 3 disappointments with the entire Poly DVC; that there are no 1 bedroom villas, bungalow price is really high, and that the bungalows have a "plunge pool" instead of a hot tub.

betty rose

That is typically how we go about renting DVC points. We've been testing the waters in the resorts over the past few years. It's always just a night or two here and there. I actually think these new villas and the WL villas are the only DVC resorts we haven't tried.

On the topic of cutting costs: For the extremely expensive resorts, we have been shacking up with friends in the rooms since there's always so much space. It also helps cut down the cost considerably. However, it's just me and my wife, so if you have a family, you're definitely stuck with the entire bill.
Yup, the whole kahuna.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The design on the inside is nice, but it still fails in it's execution as the entire point to a bungalow is having the advantage of being over an ocean, and not a swamp.
1. That's not what a bungalow is. The term "bungalow" has nothing whatsoever to do with water. It's an architectural style. You can have a bungalow home in Phoenix.

2. Even if a bungalow DID have something to do with water, your logic would poke holes in every single themed environment at Walt Disney World (hence the entire point of a "themed" environment). The entire point of swimming in a stream in the pacific northwest is having the advantage of freshwater and not chlorinated water, so the pool at Wilderness Lodge sucks. The entire point of going on safari in Africa is the advantage of seeing animals in their natural environments, so Animal Kingdom and DAK Lodge suck.

How in creation could Disney have adequately "executed" these things if they require, in your estimation, an ocean? You know there's no ocean in Orlando, yes?

180º

Sleeps eight? Looks like there's room for about one regular sized person and seven smaller people.
Screen-shot-2012-06-01-at-4.57.34-PM-620x300.png

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
very nice... can't say I was blown away by it though... some of the interior furniture looks a little cheap to me... maybe that's not the case... but it seems out of place with some of the other things in there.

not sure the mini-pool was necessary honestly... seems like that was probably more cost to build and maintain than a big selling/renting point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom