PHOTOS - New meet and greet area constructed at the Japan Pavilion to celebrate Japanese youth

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well, if they did Harajuku, then they'd also have to do some gothic lolita . . .

Actually, if they could bring over one of the AKB48 teams, that'd be a big hit and a great entertainment add.

Wow, someone else here who has heard of AKB48 :p

I can't see them bringing a team unless they were doing a MV...erm, music video...it would be cool.

I was hoping they'd have some AKB merchandise in Mitsukoshi but they don't....then again, I went to actual Tokyo and only bought a Kashiwagi Yuki keychain

Texas84

Wow, someone else here who has heard of AKB48 :p

I can't see them bringing a team unless they were doing a MV...erm, music video...it would be cool.

I was hoping they'd have some AKB merchandise in Mitsukoshi but they don't....then again, I went to actual Tokyo and only bought a Kashiwagi Yuki keychain

They could create an idol team with local talent. Maybe use the exhibit room and pass out glow sticks.

Fantasmicguy

Still rather see Anime characters since the exhibit is based on Anime.....
DSC_1842_m.jpg
d3385caa3139126de2fa8fc200d30e48.jpg
Yes!! but for the love of god use face characters!!!!

Karakasa

I'm really glad Disney's giving the Japan pavilion some touch-ups, even if it's only minor things. The grill needed more seating for a WHILE. Even in down season it's nearly impossible to find a decent place to sit come lunchtime. So good on 'em there!

As far as these 'Harajuku' peeps walking around... would've been upset if it turned out they were corralled off. That'd've been really strange, they're perfect for streetmosphere. But, I read earlier (in this topic I think?) that Disney might not be hiring people of Japanese heritage? That true? That seems unusual, do any other performers in Epcot on the World Showcase side not come from their pavillion's country? It seems iffy. I won't say it's discriminatory... but it'd be VERY jarring to be walking in the Japan pavillion and see, say, white girls in harajuku fashion as cast members in Disney's mini-version of Japan.

Matt_Black

Huh, I didn't know that! That's really odd, interesting though. Wonder why they went with them, then.

I remember hearing someone here on the boards mention that the lead singer had already worked with Disney prior to the band's introduction in Epcot and that was a big part in them being featured in the Pavilion.

ABQ

I'm having trouble placing this exact location. They didn't remove any of the existing water features to create this, did they?

Clamman73

I'm having trouble placing this exact location. They didn't remove any of the existing water features to create this, did they?
I believe this is further over to the left if you were walking up towards Katsura and those small bridges.

PoorSkippy

Maybe this is a silly question, but what are these Harujuku girls supposed to say to people who come to pose with them? Can't you imagine people trying to chat them up? And they aren't characters from a movie that have a specific role to play or backstory to weave into conversation...I can see this getting kind of creepy with some drunken World Showcase visitors...

NMBC1993

Maybe this is a silly question, but what are these Harujuku girls supposed to say to people who come to pose with them? Can't you imagine people trying to chat them up? And they aren't characters from a movie that have a specific role to play or backstory to weave into conversation...I can see this getting kind of creepy with some drunken World Showcase visitors...

I can't see it being anymore of a problem than drunk men hitting on Disney princesses or say Mary Poppins. If a man wants to try and "mack on some girl" they're going to do it (especially under the influence of alcohol). Not saying it's OK for them to do that, I'm just pointing this out because as a fellow man, I know how they think.

dreamfinder

I'd expect it to be similar to the streetmosphere in DHS. They will create a backstory, and be allowed to flesh it out within certain confines. Send them out in a small group, let them play off of each other.

MickeyPeace

OK. Deep breath.
Does anyone really know what Harajuku girls are? I've known for about 10 yrs now. Let me just say that I can not understand how this is appropriate for a Disney park. Of course they will be Disney-fied but there is a underground, sexual vibe to them.

So.. little Suzy say hi to....this uh..Minniejuku.
Harajuku_Girl_by_fiathriel.jpg

Oh and Nina Hagan is now performing in Germany. We are going after this. Then we will end with some dudes throwing axes at a wall. Heeeere's Nina!
nh046.jpg

Disney...um...ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom