PHOTOS - MO'ROCKIN move to a new permanent stage in Epcot's Morocco Pavilion

aladdin2007

They are so loud. Really ruins the WS experience. Wish they could be tucked away a bit (or of course deleted).
Same goes for Off Kilter. I dig the Brit band because they are off the main drag.

Just my noise hating opinion.

I noted about this same issue in the spice road table thread. For its new location being tucked in there between the pavilion itself and constructions walls, it is ridiculously loud through there. There are extremes when it comes to audio levels but between this and the castle stage show, its beyond extreme.

nytimez

They play a total of, what, maybe two hours a day? In 15- or 20-minute increments? It's easy enough to keep walking and come back when the set's over if it's not your thing.

It would be a sad, sad thing IMO if the live entertainment was all tucked away in back corners or hidden in places where people might not stumble into them by chance.

jaklgreen

They have been my favorite Epcot band for year, but I liked them much better 5 years ago and before. They had a main singer(short balding guy) and he was great. These guys do not sing very much and seem to keep playing the same song for half of the set. They used to be much better when they used to sing different songs, even modern ones like Desert Rose(by Sting).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Those darn kids and their rock and roll rubbish!

old-man-with-cane1.jpg

Ralphlaw

Yeah, loud bands. Whatever. If you want quiet, wait until the crowd clears out and then walk the entire World Showcase in relative peace, which I do several times in my stays.
With that being said, some live music is too loud, whatever the venue. I've been to wedding receptions where the music of the band was so loud that most people were out in the hall so they could talk, and the reception hall was nearly empty. If Mo' Rockin is too loud, I move on. If it's peaceful enough to talk with my family, we may stick around, spend some money or grab some food at the Pavilion. In my opinion, loud is overall bad for business, but I'm no expert.

With that being said, it's great to sit at lagoon side restaurants in Mexico and UK and take in all the music. You can hear parts of Off Kilter, the Brit Band, the Japanese drums, and Mo' Rockin at different times. It's great. And soon Morocco will have its own lagoon side restaurant. Can't wait. Hopefully the music won't be too loud.

Pixie VaVoom

I can't wait to see "Mo"!! I have started doing middle eastern dance since the last time that I was at EPCOT, and I want to see her do her thing. IMO - the music is only too loud if you can't hear the finger cymbals!!! Shimmy forever !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom