PHOTOS - First look at the food from Spice Road Table

LucyK

Yummy veggie plates guarantee I'll be visiting that restaurant! The stuffed grape leaves is a must try.

JerseyDad

Yummy veggie plates guarantee I'll be visiting that restaurant! The stuffed grape leaves is a must try.

....would be extremely curious about the actual portion size and associated item prices? I love stuffed grape leaves ...and a local mid-eastern restaurant near me make wonderful ones. However ...I get a plate of 10 ...with a side of either plain or spiced (garlic, mint, lemon) yogurt for dipping ....for $7 bucks.

....the food costs at WDW are far outpacing higher-end resort eateries ....for smaller portions and waning quality.

dreamfinder

I don't know, it may just be me, but the food looks small...

Which is the point of the restaurant. It's tapas style, or small serving sizes. Instead of getting one single entree, you are meant to order a few different smaller dishes, trying multiple things, and typically sharing with the other members of your party. In the real world instead of paying 15-20 for an entree, you might be paying 5-10 for each plate, so it usually comes out to the same price. Now in WDW, who knows....

luv

Looks very pretty and a little exotic.

I am boycotting this place and the new Mexico one for silly, personal reasons, but if Restaurant Marrakesh is any indication, it will be a nice place to eat. :)

WDWoptmist

I'm with everybody else here looks great but I need to see the prices first...can't imagine how expensive that could potentially get

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's less intrusive then I thought it would be. The openness, and the generally small size of the 4 walled building make it less of an eyesore. It has a waterside cafe feel, and that's okay with me. I doubt if I'll be spending much time here. But at least it's an acceptable addition to the water front.

aladdin2007

I really liked the looks of everything and how it blended until I saw the photo of the white building facing the water, which really doesnt match the pavilion at all and is too white!!!, Maybe its better in person, will have to get use to it. Interesting menu.... In the front along the seating area could really use some plants, maybe in time?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I like the water view much better than the side walk view.

Sure blocks the view of the World Showcase when you're in the sidewalk area. Gives the feel more of a street with stores/restaurants on each side than a lake side pavilion now.

note2001

I hope they've repaired that boat that was smoking up a storm last July, or the diners will get a nasty lungful while trying to eat.

Ember

I can't wait to eat here! I wonder when they will add it to the reservation list.
Nevermind. I just read on the food blog that they are not going to have reservations :(

Edit: Makes me wonder if they may eventually do a dessert event for Illuminations like the one at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom