PHOTOS - Disneybounding comes to Walt Disney World with The Dress Shop

radiorae

Smart move on Disney's part. I have a feeling that this place is going to be very popular. I just hope the prices aren't too crazy ($100+) and that they eventually decide to put some of the merchandise on the shop disney parks app for those of us who don't have a trip coming up for awhile.

Also, I know it's a dress shop, but I hope they branch out and do skirts. They may be a nice option if the price for dresses does end up being really high.

I NEED that tiki dress.

CaptainAmerica

Just wondering- why do you feel 'ick' about Disneybounding? I realize the issues when it veers in to costume territory, but I think it's pretty harmless when its subtle.
DisneyBounding is where narcissistic personality disorder meetings Peter Pan syndrome. I agree with you that "it's harmless when its subtle," but I've never seen DisneyBounders do anything subtly. They travel in large groups, often linked arm-in-arm, taking selfies everywhere they go and doing anything they can to get attention.

FWIW, I actually like these dresses. They're not DisneyBounding in the same sense as the people whose sole purpose in life is to #NeverGrowUp and become Insta-famous.

Next Big Thing

Is it ever really subtle? So often it's over the top and attention seeking.
But John Stamos does it. End of conversation.

John-Stamos-Disneybound-as-Nick-Wilde.jpg

Screenshot-from-2017-03-07-16-01-15.png

14852616_john-stamos-is-disneybounding-and-its_t63b8634c.png

1054182-a.jpg

The only over-the-top attention seeking one is the last one.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yup. A lot of women want to Disneybound with their boyfriend's.

They probably see that as too risky to just jump into though. If they get a lot of requests for men then maybe we will eventually see it happen.

Bow ties would be a great low risk option. I realize not every man wears bow ties, but it wouldn't be risky at all to include some in the offerings and see how they fare.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
DisneyBounding is where narcissistic personality disorder meetings Peter Pan syndrome. I agree with you that "it's harmless when its subtle," but I've never seen DisneyBounders do anything subtly. They travel in large groups, often linked arm-in-arm, taking selfies everywhere they go and doing anything they can to get attention.

FWIW, I actually like these dresses. They're not DisneyBounding in the same sense as the people whose sole purpose in life is to #NeverGrowUp and become Insta-famous.

I've only ever seen the concept applied to families (especially with young children), and I have absolutely no issue with it or with people taking selfies (especially on vacation). However, people traveling in large groups linked arm in arm makes me so aggravated. Travel in packs, sure, but don't block the path!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom