Photos Disaster Averted (a good Disney story)

Po'Rich

Original Poster
Last Christmas I went to Disney with the family, including grandparents. It wasn't our best Disney trip (not Disneys' fault--the crowds were a bit more than the granparents could handle, I over-planned and over-packed the days, and to top it off, Grandpa came down with Shingles while he was there). When we returned, I just really wasn't into looking at the photopass/ memory maker photos. I flipped through a few and added a couple of "Christmas 2015" embellishments, but after a few minutes I just ordered the archived disks (one for us and one for grandpa) and called it good. The disks came and sat on a shelf.

So...several months later, last weekend, I was getting into a Disney mood and decided to look at all of those pictures (we had had a lot taken...I rarely pass up a photopass opportunity). I start the disk and see that Disney had nicely added a lot of stock photos...

And then there were a handful of our photos...really it looked like all we had were the few that I had flipped through. Instantly, I figured what must have happened--somehow the pictures I had looked at were "selected" when I ordered the archive disk. My bigger concern was getting the rest of the pictures.

I went out to the MDE site, but the pictures were no longer there. We were well past any 45 or 60 day expiration. Videos from 7Dwarfs and Tower...gone. Many family pictures in front of the different Christmas trees...gone. Photos from meeting Mickey, Dug/Russel, Flick, Mulan, and Santa Goofy...gone. Many "magic shots"...gone.

So not expecting much, I called Photopass Guest Service (to be honest, it was my DW's idea). They confirmed that the pictures had expired in February. Yet, she called me back a half-hour later to say that they had found all of the pictures and were sending the disk out to me.

Two days ago, the pictures all arrived! And you know what? Despite the crowds, shingles, and over-packed days, there are a lot more pictures of us smiling and having a good time than I remembered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom