PHOTOS - Construction walls move onto the beach area for Disney's Grand Floridian DVC

WDWFigment

With how quickly they're moving on this, I wonder if this "replaced" the River Country DVC? I mean, RC's plans leaked far before GF, and nothing has happened since. I wonder if it was an either/or proposition, and GF was the "chosen one." :shrug:

Captain Chaos

With how quickly they're moving on this, I wonder if this "replaced" the River Country DVC? I mean, RC's plans leaked far before GF, and nothing has happened since. I wonder if it was an either/or proposition, and GF was the "chosen one." :shrug:

You talking about the Fort Wilderness area??? Supposedly some sort of work is going on there, but I cannot confirm as to what exactly...

bluelobster

While the new project is a great thing for folks in the DVC, I can't help but think a little of the beauty of the area is being lost. Oh well.

DonaldDoleWhip

While the new project is a great thing for folks in the DVC, I can't help but think a little of the beauty of the area is being lost. Oh well.
Agreed. Even if the building wasn't DVC, I'd be upset about its placement...I would've far preferred expanding north or west of the existing GF instead of right on the beach, but I can see why the location was picked for infrastructure reasons.

I'm not the type to think everything DVC is bad. I think BCV and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge were well-executed DVC add-ons, Old Key West really captures that homey, community feel, the Boardwalk is a win-win for everyone, and Saratoga Springs (even though it might be oversized) is better than a shuttered Disney Institute and rotting tree houses. But I have some issues with the more recent DVC developments (BLT, AKV-Kidani, and presumably GF) in terms of building placement and design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom