News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

coruscant

Maybe they will do like they did in Paris in 2011. Part is covered but the top part it's not.
4240_1.jpg

relots

Serious question, is it not possible to paint the cranes a grey color so as not to stick out so much? Is the orange for safety reasons?? I mean, if they were a grey of sorts they wouldn’t be so obvious in pictures or even in person. (If this has been asked before I apologize, I only skim the threads every now and again)

I can actually answer this one since these particular brand man lifts (or MEWP as the official term) are designed and manufactured in my hometown. The color of the lifts, orange and tan, are the official company colors of the lifts. Orange being that it sticks out for safety purposes.

You can get them painted but there are only a few companies that pay for that service. Sunbelt rentals are famous for their green equipment and usually movie/production companies paint their lifts all flat black.

Additional fun fact: The name JLG that's on the side stands for John L. Grove one of the founders and got started manufacturing wagons for farms and then moved into cranes (usually yellow with GROVE on the side, now owned my Manitowoc but still built locally) and then man lifts like seen here.

Always fun to see some locally made equipment at work at WDW!

ryan1

I was there yesterday and stopped to watch some of the guys working. It looked like they were cleaning the stone base with soapy liquid, we thought it was primer before we got closer, and they were hand wiping the shingles with rags. I didn't see any paint buckets. It looked like prep work.

ImperfectPixie

I was there yesterday and stopped to watch some of the guys working. It looked like they were cleaning the stone base with soapy liquid, we thought it was primer before we got closer, and they were hand wiping the shingles with rags. I didn't see any paint buckets. It looked like prep work.
Makes perfect sense. Paint won't stick unless the surface is clean.

trainplane3

We got some new paint:
cinderella-castle-royal-blue-turret-paint-03112020-2.jpg

cinderella-castle-rose-pink-paint-03112020-2.jpg

(90% sure this isn't the final pink color or if it is, a test patch)

jrhwdw

Lirael

We got some new paint:
cinderella-castle-royal-blue-turret-paint-03112020-2.jpg

cinderella-castle-rose-pink-paint-03112020-2.jpg

(90% sure this isn't the final pink color or if it is, a test patch)
Good enough. Now people can resume fighting over what that exact shade is called. I've brought popcorn

Touchdown

Is HEA still fully intact? I haven't seen any HEA Streams since the work began.

MRFF Looks awesome at night! We haven't seen this since MSEP went to DL! Can we we keep MRFF in the Afternoon/evenigng after the castle is done?

HEA was fully intact Sunday night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom