News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Disneyson

It was also art directed by the same person, a fact which blows my mind. I’m starting to wonder if this was a decision passed down from executive marketing to make sure all the castles had similar color schemes to match a generic DisneyPark style. I hope not, and I can’t get a straight answer from anyone whether that happened.

This, This, THIS! I am surprised that nobody has picked up this conversation, this is a point that deserve way further examination.

It looks like the opening of the “Walt Disney Pictures” screen, and for SURE opens up the opportunity to create generic merch for at LEAST DL and WDW. I bet by using the same/similar pink on both castles, the manufacturers of Disney merchandise can cut costs exponentially by removing “grey”.

I am sure there is a subset of people that will be incredibly pleased when they visit the park, gasping and saying “It’s just like the movies”... but it comes at a real cost to the integrity of the castle during the daytime and it’s forced perspective. The colors don’t seem to fade into the clouds anymore - they are so sharp that they accentuate height.

brihow

The gold on what is supposed to be stone looks tacky. And "rose gold" must have been named that color by an interior decorator.
Looks pink to me.
The blue roof and pink walls reminds me more of a gender reveal party gone wrong.
Rose gold is a metal. If it's not metallic then it is pink. It's like if gold is not metallic it's just yellow.

LittleBuford

For those in the know, do they peel off the existing paint layers before adding new ones? Otherwise, wouldn't the corners and details lose definition?

Joesixtoe

A view from the Contemporary today at first showed a very tan sunburnt glazed pink... then later a nice soft pink that looked grayish, which was nice... take it with a grain of salt as I'm a bit color blind

TrojanUSC

I guess they’re not painting the entire “brick” base the new color or hope to have that done by the full open?

That's what I find most jarring. It's that it looks like two buildings stuck together now. Or one of those Pleasantville-esque photos where a photo has a few areas colorized, as the rest remains black & white.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom