PHOTOS - ABC Commissary reopens October 8 2020 with all new menu

NelleBelle

So glad they are offering more plant-based options for vegetarians/vegans. HS was probably the worst park to find something at a QS with any kind of "protein" options for vegetarians (especially if you're diabetic and need protein to counter those carbs). And the food actually sounds like something EDIBLE! Just wish they offered the rice bowl with brown rice instead of white, but I'll take what I can get! 😉🥡🥢

Gillyanne

Haven't paid much attention to how many places have shrimp, but do we know anything about how they prepare? My mother is very allergic to shrimp. So if it was cooked on the same griddle as say the chicken for a taco, of if it touches the food (even if removed), she would have a reaction. Do they have dedicated cooking locations for stuff like that or should we maybe avoid the commissary now just to be safe?

Hcalvert

They had the chicken salad before and I did not mind it. It was the only entree I would order there in the past. This new menu is definitely an improvement.

UNCgolf

Haven't paid much attention to how many places have shrimp, but do we know anything about how they prepare? My mother is very allergic to shrimp. So if it was cooked on the same griddle as say the chicken for a taco, of if it touches the food (even if removed), she would have a reaction. Do they have dedicated cooking locations for stuff like that or should we maybe avoid the commissary now just to be safe?

I would be surprised if Disney didn't automatically have shellfish kept/cooked in separate places from other foods because of the relatively high number of people who are allergic to them. Seems like an easy thing to plan for in advance and avoid any issues.

But who knows.

halltd

They're going to have all kinds of issues with that burger. Only one burger on the menu and it's plant-based? People not paying attention will just order it thinking it's a "normal" burger and then be upset when they realize it's not. I foresee so many returns. :(

I'm not saying they should have a regular burger, but guests aren't going to realize this. Non-vegans just don't pay attention. They see burger and order it.

mdcpr

We have a seafood and a gluten allergy in the family. While most places know how to keep things free from gluten, I don't trust cross-contamination from seafood. Too easy to make a mistake. I would avoid it.

Prototype82

I really never had any reason to eat outside of Docking Bay. The Yobshrimp Noodle Salad is my go to. But these look really great!

Gillyanne

We have a seafood and a gluten allergy in the family. While most places know how to keep things free from gluten, I don't trust cross-contamination from seafood. Too easy to make a mistake. I would avoid it.
I almost feel like this is what's gonna happen, both between picky eaters in the family (who wouldn't really eat anything else on the menu now) and the shrimp, we may just have to start hitting up another location when at HS (we probably did Com most often b/c we'd be right there and hungry)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
At abc Commissary right now.

Ordered the Shrimp Tacos, delicious!, good sized, tender and tasty shrimp.
20201011_144425.jpg

The new menu: 👌

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
They're going to have all kinds of issues with that burger. Only one burger on the menu and it's plant-based? People not paying attention will just order it thinking it's a "normal" burger and then be upset when they realize it's not. I foresee so many returns. :(

I'm not saying they should have a regular burger, but guests aren't going to realize this. Non-vegans just don't pay attention. They see burger and order it.
My dh is a confirmed carnivore and likes the plant based burgers at Disney. Accidently ordering one wouldn't stop him from going back

westie

It'll be interesting to see what Disney does there. It's always a zoo with people being shoe horned in so the extra space from covid will be nice. Half the problem was always one person order while another goes and looks for a table.

Minnesota disney fan

I might be odd man out, but I really liked their menu before. Their hamburgers were fantastic. I don't know if I will like the new menu at all - don't like plant based burgers or shrimp. But we will see. Maybe I'll find a new favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom