PHOTOS - A look at the second Dumbo and how FASTPASS will work in July

Fantastic. So we are FORCED to be held hostage with other people's kids going wild in the tent while we suffer in "Standby" and can only ride Dumbo, old school, if we get a FP. THX WDI!!!!!!!!

You are not FORCED to do anything. If you would like to ride Dumbo, you must wait in the queue like everyone else. The queue runs through the play area. You are not held hostage with children. Those children are either in front of you in line, or behind you. I'm sorry if the fact that you get to sit on a bench in the air is a bother to you, it just seemed a little more enjoyable to normal people when compared to standing in a 90min line.

Sincerely,
Ringmaster Who Is Getting Tired of Hearing This Same Complaint From Vacation Brained Guests All Day Long

George Lucas on a Bench

I think this new ride is ugly, first and foremost. What I like about the original Dumbo is its iconic placement in the middle of the Fantasyland midway. It was at Disneyland too, originally. It was an essential part of the atmosphere and the views were good, at least. This new version passes by a tent for, what, at least half of each rotation? What a disaster.

This is an original Magic Kingdom experience now shoved in a corner of the park. I think they should have at least kept it central and not designed this tent structure around it. I mean, they had the space in this expansion. I like the Disneyland concept model for this, where the Dumbos were up higher with a tent structure beneath it. Again, they had the space. But I guess they figured they had to move it to the existing circus tents they were recycling to go with that theme.

ExtinctJenn

This is an original Magic Kingdom experience now shoved in a corner of the park. I think they should have at least kept it central and not designed this tent structure around it. I mean, they had the space in this expansion. I like the Disneyland concept model for this, where the Dumbos were up higher with a tent structure beneath it. Again, they had the space. But I guess they figured they had to move it to the existing circus tents they were recycling to go with that theme.
At least they didn't demolish it to make room for a meet & greet. :) Sometimes you have to look for the positive in this stuff. It's an original that exists in many forms all over the place but they understood that it was an important piece of the MK so they kept it and just moved it. I'm MUCH happier with that decision over some of the others they've made when it came to "originals."

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Fantastic. So we are FORCED to be held hostage with other people's kids going wild in the tent while we suffer in "Standby" and can only ride Dumbo, old school, if we get a FP. THX WDI!!!!!!!!

Ahh, I guess no one has reported on the part where cast members stand outside and grab you at gunpoint, even if you didn't want to ride Dumbo, and force you to come in and actually play with other people's children. Or was it by a highly themed circus whip instead of gunpoint? I can't remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom