PHOTOS - A look at the second Dumbo and how FASTPASS will work in July

WDWBryan

I checked it out today. What confused me was the wall in the front that I thought was the entrance. I'm not sure what will be behind that wall. You actually enter the sides of the building. Fastpass left, stand by right. Then fast pass merges with the exit of the play area and you may be sent to either dumbo.

Slugger

I checked it out today. What confused me was the wall in the front that I thought was the entrance. I'm not sure what will be behind that wall. You actually enter the sides of the building. Fastpass left, stand by right. Then fast pass merges with the exit of the play area and you may be sent to either dumbo.

The wall in front of the tent is where the photo dumbo will be located at.

disney1077

Can someone explain to me how the standby line with the play area works? Do you have to stay in the play area or can you just pass through it while in the standby line? I was planning on riding Dumbo for the first time on my next trip and I dont have any kids so I was hoping I can go right through it.

Slugger

Can someone explain to me how the standby line with the play area works? Do you have to stay in the play area or can you just pass through it while in the standby line? I was planning on riding Dumbo for the first time on my next trip and I dont have any kids so I was hoping I can go right through it.

If you use the standby line at dumbo you have to go into the play area. You will be given a pager and have to wait until it goes off. If you do not want to go into the play area at all get a fast pass for dumbo and you will bypass it completely.

ellie-badge

If you use the standby line at dumbo you have to go into the play area. You will be given a pager and have to wait until it goes off. If you do not want to go into the play area at all get a fast pass for dumbo and you will bypass it completely.

That seems kind of silly, as well as confusing... :confused:

Slugger

The play area is apart of the standby queue. You don't have to stand in a regular switchback queue like Peter Pan, you get to roam around sit on a bench in the air condition while the kids get to play.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So FP are distribute there for all three rides? Dumbo, Philhar, and Pooh

When I was there last weekend dumbo fast pass was not open yet but pooh and philharmonic were both in front of philharmonic. When I put my tickets inTo the machine I got a FP for both Pooh and philharmonic. I think the philharmonic said it was a bonus FP. No clue if this was only for limited people or if they did it for everyone. It worked out well for us but would be pretty hard to do all of the time for Pooh and Dumbo. Anyone else have this happen?

RSoxNo1

The play area seems to be comparable to what's currently at Winnie the Pooh. The only difference is that Disney has the ability to design this one from scratch. I fail to see why this is a problem for some people. Fantasyland rides are predominantly for children - something to keep children entertained while they wait in line is a huge step in the right direction. This type of thing takes up more space, but they can afford to do this in Disney World whereby they can't do this in Disneyland.

It's also ok to recognize the benefits of this without claiming, "Double Dumbos is better than Radiator Springs Racers woot!!11" It's a matter of perspective. Not every addition to the parks has to be an E-ticket. What it means though, is that the Magic Kingdom will be going on 22 years between e-tickets when the non-E-ticket Mine Train opens up. The additions of Little Mermaid and the Mine Train are positive ones, and it's more than ok to acknowledge that. But it's also acceptable to say that while the Magic Kingdom needed to add capacity (which is what's being accomplished here), it's also somewhat stale. A better Space Mountain refurb and/or a revolutionary E-Ticket addition would have solved that staleness problem more so than the Fantasyland expansion did.

Biff215

When I was there last weekend dumbo fast pass was not open yet but pooh and philharmonic were both in front of philharmonic. When I put my tickets inTo the machine I got a FP for both Pooh and philharmonic. I think the philharmonic said it was a bonus FP. No clue if this was only for limited people or if they did it for everyone. It worked out well for us but would be pretty hard to do all of the time for Pooh and Dumbo. Anyone else have this happen?

That was a pretty common occurrence as they tried to lure more people to Philhar. I imagine the Pooh and Dumbo machines might still give out the "surprise" FP's now that the machines have changed again. I can imagine that it might cut back on FP usage when the machines are so far from the actual attraction.

RSoxNo1

The Dumbo Fastpasses are on the same generic paper that the Town Square Theater Meet and Greets are on. To me, this means that Fastpass+ will be here sooner rather than later. Do any of our insiders know anything more on this?

dreamfinder

It works just like at a restaurant. You are given a pager, and then can wait wherever you choose. Be it at the bar, outside, in the foyer, whatever. Then when your pager goes off, you come up, and then when your table is ready they will seat you. Just because you don't want to have a drink at the bar doesn't mean that you can skip the scrum of people waiting. This is much more convenient for most people that having to wait in a line until the next table is ready.

Jakester

I experienced the Fastpass entrance of dumbo, got on decently quick.
Decided I'd try standby for the fun of it. Kids really enjoy it, Not something I'd go nuts for, but it was nice to wait for the ride in A/C

RSoxNo1

I experienced the Fastpass entrance of dumbo, got on decently quick.
Decided I'd try standby for the fun of it. Kids really enjoy it, Not something I'd go nuts for, but it was nice to wait for the ride in A/C
I assume they're still using the generic "Magic Kingdom" Fastpass paper?

Lee

Adventurer
Eh...old news.
I had this nearly 2years ago (August 2010)
:cool:

Lee said:
Dumbo won't actually be "queueless".
It has a very large, indoor "interactive" queue which will be entered from the far right side.
On the far left is the Fastpass entrance..
Lee said:
Well....depends on your definition of herded cattle.
They will wait outside to get inside. Inside the queue twists through interactive areas before getting to the load area.
Fastpass skips the interactive area completely, and waits in a smaller area inside near load.

HMButler79

Fantastic. So we are FORCED to be held hostage with other people's kids going wild in the tent while we suffer in "Standby" and can only ride Dumbo, old school, if we get a FP. THX WDI!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom