PhotoPass Question

Wisconsin

When we recieved our booklet from the Disney Travel Company for our upcoming trip, I noticed there is a PhotoPass card in there to punch out and take with you to the parks. Any advantage to using this rather than just taking a card from the first photographer in the parks that takes your photo? The only difference I see is that it's just a laminated piece of paper versus a hard plastic card you would get from the photographer in the parks so it wouldn't be as durable in your pocket. Thanks for any advice!

muteki

I don't think so. We received the paper one for out last trip and opted for the nice proper plastic that they hand out in the parks.

Upvote 0

yenanh00

That piece of laminated paper a very durable. but from what I read that code on that back of the card might have some saving on the card for your future order with photopass.

Upvote 0

11mess

My wife and I pre registered our card and gave the number and our password to our parents so they could view our photos while we were still on vacation. As for the discounts we haven't ever gotten any special deals because we used that card.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

When we recieved our booklet from the Disney Travel Company for our upcoming trip, I noticed there is a PhotoPass card in there to punch out and take with you to the parks. Any advantage to using this rather than just taking a card from the first photographer in the parks that takes your photo? The only difference I see is that it's just a laminated piece of paper versus a hard plastic card you would get from the photographer in the parks so it wouldn't be as durable in your pocket. Thanks for any advice!

Some of the cards they are sending out in advance will help get you discounts on Photopass products. Some you would need to link to your account, others specify on it that the code is good for a discount.

Other than that, no real difference. As long as you have the number, you don't need to use that card, you can use any of the ones provided at the parks.

Isn't there some information you receive 10 days before the start of your vacation, where the photopass cd is offered at a discounted price?

The discount has been reopened to everyone, and you no longer need to wait for the email. Check out the Definitive Guide to Disney's Photopass at http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/ for more info.

Upvote 0

AndyMc

On the discount, last year we were able to "pre-order" the cd for $99 after we got back from the trip (as long as you do it before you view all your pics. I wouldn't guarantee this to work for everybody, but if you're lukewarm about it, it's a possibility of deferring the decision until you see how many pics you actually took.

Another neat idea that a photopass guy recommended to me: if you do bring your own camera as well or your phone has a cam on it, take a picture of the back of your photopass cards. All you need is the number, and this helps if you can't find some of them (we had like 10 cards last time cuz we forgot our photopass card sometimes or didn't want to dig it out).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom