PhotoPass? Question

jamesmcc

First off, this is my I and my wife's' first multi-day trip to WDW as a married couple (it only took us 11 years!) We are spending 5 nights at the Caribbean Beach Resort in late September to celebate our anniversary, followed by the Ebert/Roper 4 night Disney Cruise. As this is my first post, I wanted to thank everyone for all of the wonderful information we have found on this site. Not only has it helped us a great deal in our planning, we really want to go NOW!

My question is: I know that Disney offers a service where you can download your pictures from your camera onto a CDrom at the park. Has anyone ever used this, and what kind of media does the camera need to use? (SD Card, Flash, memory Stick?)

Thanks again from two Disney virgins.

JPVonDrake

jamesmcc said:
First off, this is my I and my wife's' first multi-day trip to WDW as a married couple (it only took us 11 years!) We are spending 5 nights at the Caribbean Beach Resort in late September to celebate our anniversary, followed by the Ebert/Roper 4 night Disney Cruise. As this is my first post, I wanted to thank everyone for all of the wonderful information we have found on this site. Not only has it helped us a great deal in our planning, we really want to go NOW!

My question is: I know that Disney offers a service where you can download your pictures from your camera onto a CDrom at the park. Has anyone ever used this, and what kind of media does the camera need to use? (SD Card, Flash, memory Stick?)

Thanks again from two Disney virgins.

Wecome to the boards!

First let me answer that Photopass is a complete different service then the Digital Camera Service. Let me explain both for you.

Disney's Digital Camera Service:

At certain locations throughout WDW, Guests with digital cameras can download their images and other media information from a digital media card to a CD. All popular media cards are accepted.

Each of the camera centers in the four Theme Parks have been equipped with this new technology. In addition, this technology will be deployed in the Disney Resort properties over the next few months. You can burn up to 120 digital pictures onto a CD, or print 4x6 photo prints from any camera memory card or photo CD.

Disney's PhotoPass

Disney's PhotoPass provides Guests with the ability to view, share and order the photos that Disney Photographers take of them by going to an online site.

When you have your first photo taken by a Disney Photographer you will get a Disney's PhotoPass card that has a web address and a unique 16-digit number printed on it. Save this card and present to other photographers who take your picture throughout your stay. When you return home go to the website, type in the number from your card and you will be able to see all of your photos. Each pass can "hold" an unlimited amount of photos.

If a Guest ends up having multiple passes (by choice or otherwise) they will just need to enter the code located on each pass at the website. Also, Disney's PhotoPass Photographers can associate the same photo to more than one pass. This is a great feature for friends and families traveling together.

Guests will have 30 days to claim their photos. Once they claim their photos online, their photos will be available for viewing, sharing and purchasing for 60 days.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your stay! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When you do photo pass...how much are the pictures?
Do you print them off at home or does disney send them to you?
Can you then save the pictures to cd and other media?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

ajrwdwgirl said:

The Disney PhotoPass Photographers can be found in locations in all four Parks as well as Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney.

Log on to www.DisneyPhotoPass.com and see all of your vacation photos, e-mail them to friends and family and even order prints of your favorite shots. Guests can also view and purchase their photos in the parks. Officially you cannot download or save your images to your personal computer or other device.

Current Pricing:
Note: pricing subject to change without notice

On DisneyPhotoPass.com:
$12.95 for 5x7 print
$16.95 for 8x10 print
$12.95 for 4 wallet-sized prints
$16.95 for one 5x7 print and 4 wallet-sized prints of the same image
All images are professionally printed and mailed to you.

At a Disney Theme Park
Guest can view or purchase photos while in the park on the same day only.
Single 8x10 for $16.95
Single 5x7, 4 wallet (same image) for $19.95
Two 5x7's (can be any) for $22.95
Three 5x7's (can be any) for $29.95
Additional 5x7's after purchase of first three for $9.95 each

Theme Park Camera/Photo Locations:
Magic Kingdom -- Town Square Exposition Hall on Main Street USA
Epcot -- The Camera Center near Spaceship Earth
Disney-MGM Studios -- Cover Story on Hollywood Boulevard
Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Garden Gate Gifts in the Oasis

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

ajrwdwgirl said:

$10 for the cheapest photo.
Disney sends them to you.
Not with Photopass, or at least I don't think.

It is better to bring a digital camera with extra media cards. Just get someone to take the picture for you. There are always nice people around who would be willing to help. The photopass pictures aren't even that great.

Upvote 0

karjame

Hi all, this is the 1st time i have ever replied to anything on the board. I just have to put my 2cents into this one. We where at WDW on june 2nd to the 5th. 1st time with my 5 year old grandson. We had a wonderful time. We had our picture taken on main street usa with the castle at our backs. We received the photoPass card. We ran out of time to view the photos at the park but where told that we can view them for up to 30 days on the computer. But due to tech problems our pictures have been lost. The people at photoPass have been wonderful in helping us but still can't find the photos that where taken of our family. Make time to view them in the park before you leave as you may not see them again. I know it wasn't anyones fault, but just felt the need to pass this on.

Karen

Upvote 0

MissM

DarkImage4 said:
Does anyone know what Disney charges to have photos downloaded from your camera to a CD?
It's like $13. Which is a heck of a lot of money. Walgreens will do it for about $3 or $4 but you have to leave property.

Best bet honestly is just to get a second card. They are amazingly cheap these days for huge amounts of space.
-m

Upvote 0

ypcat

DarkImage4 said:
Yikes...

Anyone know how much a memory card will set us back "in the World?"

No clue, but I am sure it is much more expensive than buying before you go. I see them on sale at stores such as Best Buy all the time.

Upvote 0

pwgs

Another Photo pass question???

When you attend the dinner shows like hoop de do and they take your picture is this part of the photo pass system? So we can buy the pictures later if we wanted.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom