PhotoPass Plus

razza1987

Original Poster
Photopass+ seems to be the best value considering it includes ride photos and character dining in the price

dreamfinder

I'm a real tight wad and would just as soon take my own pictures or ask others to take them than to buy this Photo Pass. What do those who have purchased and used it, think about it?

It all depends on your touring style, and the member of your party. For people with small kids, or those who like doing M&Gs I would say its invaluable. Photopass is ready to start taking pictures as soon as the your party moves into frame. So if your child runs up and gives Mickey a big hug, or a princess gives your son a big red lipstick kiss on the cheek, they are often ready to get those shots. Most families will miss them since the kids tend to run up while the parents are behind them in line juggling autograph books, backpacks, coats, etc. They are usually pretty good about capturing spontaneous moments.

When you ask a CM or guest to use your camera, you will tend to get a "I was there!" picture. A shot of your party standing in front of the castle. Or posing with Mickey. Which is fine and dandy, but not what really captures the essence of your trip.

Some of the photographers are good, others are just kinda meh. You can't confuse them with a highly trained professional photographer, however their results are often better than if you ask the popcorn vendor or Joe Schmoe from Idaho to take your picture. And hands down, you won't get nearly as good pictures at night time. Unless you bring your own tripod and gear, a picture taken with a handheld camera just won't be as good as one taken properly exposed on a tripod. This is doubly true for the holiday season when the castle lights or Osborne lights are going on.

I have used it most trips. Last trip after edits I think I ended up with 4500 pictures or something like that. 12 CDs worth. Some were definite dogs, blurry, focused on someone else in the picture, but there are also some real gems. I have some great photos of my DW and I interacting with each other that we never would have gotten if not for Photopass taking multiple shots in multiple poses.

If you only want the group photo in front of the castle, just hand them you camera and ask them to take your picture. You won't benefit from buying the Photo CD. But there is no harm with letting them take your picture as you have no obligation to buy it. But if you want lots of pictures with different borders and "magic effects" then the Photo CD is the way to go.

razza1987

Original Poster
It all depends on your touring style, and the member of your party. For people with small kids, or those who like doing M&Gs I would say its invaluable. Photopass is ready to start taking pictures as soon as the your party moves into frame. So if your child runs up and gives Mickey a big hug, or a princess gives your son a big red lipstick kiss on the cheek, they are often ready to get those shots. Most families will miss them since the kids tend to run up while the parents are behind them in line juggling autograph books, backpacks, coats, etc. They are usually pretty good about capturing spontaneous moments.

When you ask a CM or guest to use your camera, you will tend to get a "I was there!" picture. A shot of your party standing in front of the castle. Or posing with Mickey. Which is fine and dandy, but not what really captures the essence of your trip.

Some of the photographers are good, others are just kinda meh. You can't confuse them with a highly trained professional photographer, however their results are often better than if you ask the popcorn vendor or Joe Schmoe from Idaho to take your picture. And hands down, you won't get nearly as good pictures at night time. Unless you bring your own tripod and gear, a picture taken with a handheld camera just won't be as good as one taken properly exposed on a tripod. This is doubly true for the holiday season when the castle lights or Osborne lights are going on.

I have used it most trips. Last trip after edits I think I ended up with 4500 pictures or something like that. 12 CDs worth. Some were definite dogs, blurry, focused on someone else in the picture, but there are also some real gems. I have some great photos of my DW and I interacting with each other that we never would have gotten if not for Photopass taking multiple shots in multiple poses.

If you only want the group photo in front of the castle, just hand them you camera and ask them to take your picture. You won't benefit from buying the Photo CD. But there is no harm with letting them take your picture as you have no obligation to buy it. But if you want lots of pictures with different borders and "magic effects" then the Photo CD is the way to go.

Just wondering how much it is for each additional CD

razza1987

Original Poster
The CD order will include as many as it takes, no extra charge. Be it 1 or 15, it's the same cost.

You can order a second copy for $19.95 I think, but why? Just burn it at home for pennies.

Thank you. I was just wondering about the cost of the CDs for the total number of pictures lol. Thanks for confirming it is the same cost

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom