Photopass picture book

UberPlannerMom

I am trying to make a decision about whether or not to get the memory maker. I noticed on the photopass site that they offer a picture book that can use the pictures from your photopass account. It's only $79.95 but there are so many questions that are unanswered in the write up.

Do I have to buy the individual pictures to put them in the book?
How many pages are included in that $79.95 price?
How much are additional pages?
How long does it take to get the book?

Anyone have any experience with this product? I really need to figure out if I am doing the memory maker thing or not and this could affect that answer. Thanks!

LucyK

Can't help you with the book, sorry. Have you tried calling Disney Photopass number? They should have the answer to your questions!

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Shutterfly photo books are MUCH less and you can do whatever you want with them. Just upload your MM/PP+ pics.
I was trying to see if I could avoid buying memory maker. I am always on the look out for a way to save some money, plus I will be really upset if I spend the money on memory maker and then don't get enough good shots to justify the cost.

Anyway, for anyone keeping track, here are my answers (at least the ones I've gotten):
1. The photos you choose from your My Disney Experience Account would be included in the price of the Photo Book (answer from salesperson chat)
2. 20/ 10 double sided (answer from faq)
3. Can't find the cost :(
4. Minimum of 4 days for processing and then the shipping time. (answer from faq)

As a side note I need to remember that shipping won't be cheap when trying to make this decision. :cautious:

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I do 'pages' for the rides we have photos for....they're fun and bring back great memories...and can add up fast if bought separately. I do pages for each park with the pics...character dinners, etc. The cost of PP+ is not much for me considering I use a ton of the pis and use the custom borders...I usually get the biggest book from Shutterfly and max out the number of pages. I have never paid shipping (promo) and wait for a 50% off sale before I hit the purchase button. I have never paid more than $95 for a book of about 50 2-sided pages. I would never pay $75 for 10 pages....

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
I do 'pages' for the rides we have photos for....they're fun and bring back great memories...and can add up fast if bought separately. I do pages for each park with the pics...character dinners, etc. The cost of PP+ is not much for me considering I use a ton of the pis and use the custom borders...I usually get the biggest book from Shutterfly and max out the number of pages. I have never paid shipping (promo) and wait for a 50% off sale before I hit the purchase button. I have never paid more than $95 for a book of about 50 2-sided pages. I would never pay $75 for 10 pages....

Hope this helps.
If I get memory maker I will definitely NOT get the photo book. I love to scrapbook anyway so I would have no need for it. I actually made a little spread sheet for my husband to help him decide what he votes for. Hehe :D

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I was trying to see if I could avoid buying memory maker. I am always on the look out for a way to save some money, plus I will be really upset if I spend the money on memory maker and then don't get enough good shots to justify the cost.

Anyway, for anyone keeping track, here are my answers (at least the ones I've gotten):
1. The photos you choose from your My Disney Experience Account would be included in the price of the Photo Book (answer from salesperson chat)
2. 20/ 10 double sided (answer from faq)
3. Can't find the cost :(
4. Minimum of 4 days for processing and then the shipping time. (answer from faq)

As a side note I need to remember that shipping won't be cheap when trying to make this decision. :cautious:

If you want to save money (a couple hundred dollars or more), bring your own camera, take as many pictures as you want (and ask Photopass Photographers and CMs to take pictures with your camera so you can be in them -- they will, cheerfully), upload your pictures to Shutterfly when you get home and make a photo book. Then sign up for Shutterfly e-mail notifications and wait until a seasonal 50%-off-photobooks sale happens to actually purchase the book. (Shutterfly has such sales several times a year.)

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

I purchased PP a couple of years ago along with the photobook. I wasn't super thrilled with the pictures but got the CD anyway. I called PP and they refunded the amount for the photobook back to me.

I agree with @missingdisney , I just use the PP pictures and make a Shutterfly photobook. That way you can use your own pics and the PP pics.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
If you want to save money (a couple hundred dollars or more), bring your own camera, take as many pictures as you want (and ask Photopass Photographers and CMs to take pictures with your camera so you can be in them -- they will, cheerfully), upload your pictures to Shutterfly when you get home and make a photo book. Then sign up for Shutterfly e-mail notifications and wait until a seasonal 50%-off-photobooks sale happens to actually purchase the book. (Shutterfly has such sales several times a year.)
We will be bringing our DSLR but I have found that that means that I am in none of the pictures. Now, I hate having my picture taken but after the cancer scare we just went through I have realized that if something happened to me there would be no "proof" that I was ever part of their lives. Add to that that we will have 2 babies (and an 8 year old) to deal with when meeting the characters and I don't know how often I will be allowed to take a picture instead of handle a baby.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We will be bringing our DSLR but I have found that that means that I am in none of the pictures. Now, I hate having my picture taken but after the cancer scare we just went through I have realized that if something happened to me there would be no "proof" that I was ever part of their lives. Add to that that we will have 2 babies (and an 8 year old) to deal with when meeting the characters and I don't know how often I will be allowed to take a picture instead of handle a baby.

I hadn't thought about the effect of having babies to juggle at the same time. (Even with one baby at a time, I sometimes wished I was an octopus, as there were never enough hands at my disposal.) In your case, manning a camera as well probably isn't realistic! :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

With that scenario then you may want to consider either Memory Maker+ or the Photopass Archive CD pre purchase. While the Photopass photographers aren't perfect, they don't have 3 kids to deal with plus the assorted trappings thereof, and are often in a better position to take that picture. Unless you absolutely must have pages with Disney backgrounds on them, I wouldn't bother with their book, rather take the pictures you are entitled too with MemoryMaker or the CD and go elsewhere.

Upvote 0

WorldDad

Just an FYI. If you use Walgreen's photo service to make a book, they have some Disney pages you can use. We made one for my in laws for Christmas and it came to about $50 for a forty page book
with over three hundred photos and a leather cover. We used both the photopass photos and pictures we took ourselves

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Just an FYI. If you use Walgreen's photo service to make a book, they have some Disney pages you can use. We made one for my in laws for Christmas and it came to about $50 for a forty page book
with over three hundred photos and a leather cover. We used both the photopass photos and pictures we took ourselves

I use Walgreen's for almost everything picture related! I thought I was the only one. :)

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

I love my PP photobook. It was fun and easy to make and I didnt have to buy the photo pass.

If you aren't going to make copies of the photos I'd just get the book.

Upvote 0

ishamo

Could I maybe suggest using the photos from your photopass, and going to perhaps a local company to get your photobook made? If you already have the photos you want to use it doesn't make sense to spend so much getting the photobook made, at least with a local company you'll have complete customisation and you'll be helping out a local business!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Could I maybe suggest using the photos from your photopass, and going to perhaps a local company to get your photobook made? If you already have the photos you want to use it doesn't make sense to spend so much getting the photobook made, at least with a local company you'll have complete customisation and you'll be helping out a local business!
I suspect by now they‘ve made their photo book! 😉

Upvote 0

britdaw

I have done the Memory Maker for both our previous trips to WDW, and in my experience, there was not enough photos included from the Disney Photopass photographers to make it worth it. I am a photographer myself, so I always take my camera for my own pics, but I like being able to get the Photopass pics for the in-ride shots included and for meeting the characters and stuff. The first trip, both my girls did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and we got a lot of pics from that but not much else. The second time we got MAYBE 20 pics of us from rides and our pics in front of the castle. So all in all I wouldn't purchase the book.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom