Photopass CD

kerri dutrisac

We love the Photo Pass Cd. We are a family of 6 and go for two weeks annually and usually have about 3500 pictures on the Cd, so for us it is a MUST. I think the quality is great and I love to use the borders and characters on them.

Goofnut1980

I love photopass. While yes, they will take it with your camera, but the pics take the chance of the wrong lighting and not looking great. It is totally worth the price. We get pictures taken where ever we see a PP photographer and have pics taken.

Now if you go to Disneyland, while its only $80... It is not worth it there... They do not have photographers with the characters and it is much more spread out for photographers at certain locations.

WDW, good deal and great photos!

thomas998

Does anyone here order the Photopass CD after a trip? Or maybe have any cool alternatives or tips that they like to do with this? The Photopass CD is now $170! Holy Cow! I know that the photos are nicely done, but are they worth that much to y'all?

Nope. We have gotten them in the past, but only on a trip when we had lots of photos taken and the price was considerably lower. Considering the quality photos alone I would not do it for 170. Too many of the photos were poorly done, horizon wasn't level or my favorites the ones with body parts cut off... Sorry but there are a few basic things that should never happen.

Also, the last trip we noticed a lot fewer photographers than normal so even if we had done it I think we would have had very few photos for the price.

AgentB911

Pre-purchase the CD before you go. For me, it's only worth it if you buy it in advance. Then I make a point of stopping at just about every photographer I see. I'm currently editing the pics from our last trip, and I'm already up to 500 pictures. Not even close to done yet. So it works out to just a few cents per pic.

We got this last year and was very worth it. Going to get the + for trip soon. Anyone know if ordering at exactly 14 days enough time?? If not we may have it mailed to our friend that lives there?

datw2@epcot

Pre-purchase the CD before you go. For me, it's only worth it if you buy it in advance. Then I make a point of stopping at just about every photographer I see. I'm currently editing the pics from our last trip, and I'm already up to 500 pictures. Not even close to done yet. So it works out to just a few cents per pic.

How do You preoder it and how much is it?

BigRedDad

For me, if there is not a PhotoPass, I am not in the pictures. I do not let random people or the PhotoPass people hold my camera. It is $2000-$3000 worth of gear depending on the lens on it. I am sure some of the other photographers here may feel the same way.

taz0162

we opted for photopass+ and ended up with 937 pictures of us to be put on the disc. plus the photos printed and given to us at no extra cost from the pirates legue, tusker house breakfast, and cinderellas royal table dinner. plua the fact that all of our ride pictures could be added to the photopass+ was a lot of fun.

RoyWalley

This is a excellent discussion, we were just discussing this option last night and thanks to many of the bloggers we now have answers. Sounds like a great deal, well worth the money.

Thanks !!

pluto77

How does the photopass+ work with the ride pictures? Do you just give them your card and tell them what picture to put on it when you get off the ride? (Just curious)

taz0162

How does the photopass+ work with the ride pictures? Do you just give them your card and tell them what picture to put on it when you get off the ride? (Just curious)
yep you look for your photo to come up on the screen. take the number to the photo register and they link the photo to your plus card. really easy.

taz0162

sometimes photopass has specials when preordering as well. when I preordered last spring (I believe April) they included a free credit for a photobook (20 pages but more pages could be purchased).

MightyMouse

We used Photopass on our last trip (Oct) and here is what I noticed:

- The majority of photographers took decent shots.

- Quite a few would go out of there way to make sure the shot was perfect. Ie, they would politely ask people standing behind us to step out of the shot, they would wait until a firework went off in the background, etc. We were fortunate enough to be in MK during the soft opening weekend of New FantasyLand and one of the photographers asked if she could use us as test subjects to find spots for a nice photo. (Angles, background, etc). She only took about 5 minutes of our time, which was no bother to us at all, and we came away with some really really nice family shots.

- I wore my photopass on my lanyard and a few photographers took notice of the photopass and went out of there way to run up and ask to take our photo. One in particular ran a country mile up to us, stopped us, and while catching her breath had my daughter pose her hands to take a magic shot with Sebastian in her palm. That put a huge smile on our face that she would go that much out of her way to track down guests to make us happy. Their is one CM that is definitely happy in her work.

- The downside. From the get-go I noticed a fair bit of photographers that I basically had to fight with in order for them to take a magic shot. I had a few make comments along the lines of, "back home I am a professional photographer and now Disney wants me to waste my talents on taking stupid poses of people holding imaginary objects". And with this they would refuse to take the shot. So basically it would come down to me arguing saying Disney are paying you to take these shots, and really quite frankly the way I see it since I paid for this service therefore you are working for ME. :D In the end I managed to get the magic shots I was looking for but my advice to those looking to do this for the first time, don't be afraid to stand your ground if need be.

- The last downer I noticed is the majority of photographers that seemed to give attitude were actually (and oddly enough) the one's who were stationed with the characters. (Mostly the princesses in my observation). A quick example is while having a nice chat with Rapunzel the photographer told us to hurry up. Rapunzel, in all her polite sweetness, thru gritted teeth told the photographer, "Now now. We shouldn't rush away the fun times we are having". (or something along these lines). What is funny is I took a look behind us and there were only about 8-10 people behind us. Not one looked to be frustrated or annoyed either. I guess the photographer needed to take a washroom break reeeeeal bad. :p

All in all the wide majority of photographers were pleasant and did a great job. Was it worth it for me? yes. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

popcenturylover

Photopass+ was definitely worth it for us. We got all 3 of us in the pictures, pictures on the rides, & at a couple of the character dinners. The only thing we were disappointed about was that we only got a couple of magic shots. Next time I will definitely ask for more of those!

flynnibus

Premium Member
1000+ photos?? how often are you guys waiting in lines?

At DLR recently.. we wanted to get photos.. and I stopped frequently. We still only ended up with like 8 different setups over 3+ days. I wanted to do photopass.. but at $15 per photo (absurd) or trying to get a hundred photos (waste my entire vacation standing in photopass lines for images I didn't need)... I still can't seem to justify the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom