Photography Tips

Elfinko

I find shooting black and white through the camera settings is more convincing than converting to black and white in post. If you have black and white in mind when shooting, I'd recommend using the camera settings.

Jahona

I find shooting black and white through the camera settings is more convincing than converting to black and white in post. If you have black and white in mind when shooting, I'd recommend using the camera settings.

That really depends on the settings the camera uses to convert to Black and White. Some do it well, like Fuji, others are passable. There are some great tools in photoshop to create black and white. There are also several plugins that can recreate some film stocks pretty well.

Lyman

Rule of thirds
1529977156592.png

1529977271480.png

1529977340480.png

1529977399076.png

1529977426503.png

Jahona

@Lyman I see your rule of thirds and raise you the Golden Ratio. You will see this typically in two different fashions. The golden spiral and the golden ratio (straight lines). The golden ratio is basically a Fibonacci sequence dividing a photograph into parts.

golden-ratio-photography08.jpg

Using the spiral and rotating it around 90 degrees in an image provides the foundation for it's version of rule of thirds.

spiral_x4.jpg.optimal.jpg

Ansel Adams

golden-ratio-010.jpg

golden-ratio-017.jpg

Elfinko

This is a purely newbie tip. It's something I just recently learned and probably evidence that I could benefit from some photography classes.

Filters can be stacked. So, if your darkest ND filter isn't cutting it, you can fasten another on top of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom