Photo Trip Report

Just wanted to share some photos and thought on our trip two weeks back. We had a blast! Thanks for reading
smile2.gif

FYI - Joffrey's (coffee debate! :eek:) = Good...but it's no Starbucks ;)

joffreys_zpsa380848d.jpg

MAGIC KINGDOM
The park is looking great for the most part. Lots of small refurbs/painting/paving going on. Always a good sign.

Spent a lot of time in Adventureland since this was the first visit with our 11 month old baby boy and we can do a lot together there. I never noticed how fond I was of Adventureland until this trip. The classics (Pirates, Tiki Room, Jungle cruise etc) never disappoint. I'm still discovering new corners and hidden details in that land. The dole whip swirl with orange is a-friggin-mazing.

Liberty square a lot like Adventureland in that I'm still discovering new hidden details and alleys and such. I, like many, haven't given this land it's fair share of props. No more.

New Fantasyland and Storybood Circus are very pleasing on the eye but it all feels incomplete with the mine coaster still under construction. I wish it would have all debuted at the same time. For what it's worth, my wife (non Disney geek) thinks Storytime with Belle is a genius concept and left with a huge smile on her face. There's definitely a market for these type of attractions. I also really like Big Top Souvenirs and train station in the Storybook Circus. Very well done IMO.

With the exceptiong of Buzz, Tomorrowland looks to be in pretty good shape on the outside but there's a lot of prime real estate that they can use to give the land some new life (Stitch and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor). Those two attraction arent' very popular and could draw large numbers if replaced with something better.

Also, It'd been a while since I rode Space at MK. I found myself impressed with it all over agian. Prior to this visit I thought DL's was superior hands down. Now I call it a draw. The ride may be rougher but it's not as rough as I once remembered it. The track layout is more intersting as well. Throw in the superior pre and post show and you've got an overall experience that may give it the edge.

I love the People Mover. Can't emphasize this enough. They've made some improvement to it since our last visit and we just love it. The People Mover rules.

Frontierland is a gem. Big Thunder Mountian is better than ever since it's refurb/queue enhancements and the recent Splash refurb is a success. Frontierland is one of those lands where I just like to sit at night and soak in the area music and people watch. But it's a problem when you need to get to Big Thunder or Splash and the parade is going on.

Main Street looks fantastic and I just have to mention how much I enjoy the area underneath the train station. It really transports me to that time period.

chipcastle_zps89801396.jpg

MSangle_zps96138b0c.jpg

undertrainstation_zpsc0429100.jpg

train-1_zps47360515.jpg

stationangle_zps229e59ce.jpg

silo_zps827681c9.jpg

pplmover-1_zps1d83a9ac.jpg

MSjewelry_zps19c279af.jpg

libertybelle_zps75b0477f.jpg

gaston_zps29cd2a94.jpg

gates_zps964ef698.jpg

columnFL_zps5bf1c072.jpg

Continued...

Mickey_777

Original Poster
Just have to say two things.
1. Your photo's are amazing and you have an eye for a great shot.
2. Have to disagree on the coffee .. Prefer Joffreys to starbucks :D

Thanks everyone again for your kind words :)...

As for the great coffee debate, I only had the chance to try the iced latte this time and compared to Starbucks its not really on par. The hot coffee and espresso drinks are pretty evenly matched and often superior to Starbucks so I can't say I disagree with you there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom