photo pass +

JonUWStout

I am leaving in three days and I didn't pre-order the photo pass + online. Is there a way that I can still get this when I get to WDW? Im just curious. 2 weeks ago I just wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much money (I'm still not sure) so I didn't do it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have.

Thanks for the info!

Lucyred

Last time we were there photo pass was free and you then looked at your photos online and bought what you wanted. has this changed?

You can prepay for photopass+ ($150 more then 14 days before you get there or $200 at Disney) and you get all the photos that you can take including the magic ones, some of the character dinning places and the ride photos. When you get back home you can edit your pics to add borders then once you'r done editing you get a cd of all your photos. Its good for up to 14 days. We opted for this since its our first trip.

They also offer a photopass for the ride photos but I don't know anything about that.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Last time we were there photo pass was free and you then looked at your photos online and bought what you wanted. has this changed?

You can still do that and then select ones you like and pay for just those. Or with the Photopass CD, you purchase it up front, enter your photopass card number to get all the images and then they send you a CD with all the images and you print them as you wish. We have a couple and it's a great souvenir (expensive, but great) because they have the special effects pics and you can add all the special borders and decals :)

Upvote 0

Adam5897

The photopass plus option was a separate package and you pay $45 and get a card in which you can load your picture from any of the participation attractions which took a picture of you. There is a limitless amount of photos you can load onto the card even from the same ride! I did purchase this package and it was great!

Upvote 0

WellFedDave

ok..thanks! I will have to decide if I want to spend that kind of money. Is it worth spending that much? I have never used the photo pass system before. Are there a lot of opportunities where there are photographers? Last time I was there the only photographers I saw were the ones you met up with when you first walked in the gate.
This was completely worth it. Especially if you're:
A. Not Great at taking pictures
B. Traveling in a small group
C. Hate carrying cameras in the parks.
D. It includes all character meal photos AND On Ride photos

We used PhotoPass+ last October. Was easily worth the money. Would suggest purchasing at Downtown Disney location in between Team Mickey Athletic Club store and Ghiradelli (it's not on the map, but you can pick it up in that building) rather than on Main Street in MK

Upvote 0

Missymoe4

I have been considering the photopass. I have read online why each package gives for the price. However, I would enjoy hearing if I can get away with purchasing the cheaper package? Basically, does anyone have any info (pro and con) about either photopass?

Upvote 0

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We have got it for our upcoming trip and plan on bugging al the photographers and meeting with as many characters as possible .With that and the on-ride photo's it is more than going to pay for itself .

Upvote 0

KatMaria

I have read they are around $45 for ride only photo passes...but I maybe wrong!
They come out to around 48 bucks but you can get every on ride photo, it pays for itself if you buy 2 prints. If you want every photo, get photo pass+. Some people prefer it because they don't have to bring a camera and they get every moment on film rather than 3 out of 4 family members in the picture. Just depends on what you want.

Upvote 0

AngryEyes

Maybe I'm obtuse (maybe?), but I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.

If I buy PP+, when I get home, I can get what? One 8x10 of every photo that we had taken? Can you get multiple copies? Are there limits? Do you get a CD, as well?

If you get the CD, which is cheaper, you get no hardcopies, but you have the capability of adding your own borders, characters (Tink) to the photos, and so on?

Thanks, guys.

Upvote 0

CrazyDisneyLady

If you get the PP+ you can edit each picture up to 3 per photo I believe. You can download from the site to your computer or you can get a disc sent to you. The shipping on the disc was $14.95 but this way you have a hard copy. The photographers are usually pretty good at taking lots of pics once you hand them the PP+. We bought it when we got to MK in Feb.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

If I buy PP+, when I get home, I can get what? One 8x10 of every photo that we had taken? Can you get multiple copies? Are there limits? Do you get a CD, as well?

If you get the CD, which is cheaper, you get no hardcopies, but you have the capability of adding your own borders, characters (Tink) to the photos, and so on?

Thanks, guys.

They don't send you photos unless you order them. What they do is you enter your PP card number into your account online. You can then add borders, adjust the size (5x7, 8x10, etc) and save them to the account. Then you enter in your order number (or whatever they give you to show you've already prepaid for it) and they send you the CD. When you get it, you are free to print whatever pics you want, be it from your home computer, at WalMart, etc.. We add border to most of them and then adjust the sizes of the photos we really like to 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 that way we have the option to print the larger sizes if we want.

Upvote 0

AngryEyes

They don't send you photos unless you order them. What they do is you enter your PP card number into your account online. You can then add borders, adjust the size (5x7, 8x10, etc) and save them to the account. Then you enter in your order number (or whatever they give you to show you've already prepaid for it) and they send you the CD. When you get it, you are free to print whatever pics you want, be it from your home computer, at WalMart, etc.. We add border to most of them and then adjust the sizes of the photos we really like to 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 that way we have the option to print the larger sizes if we want.

So, you're getting a CD either way, but the benefit to ordering the PP+ vs. the CD is the ride photos, dining, and so on. I wasn't getting that, for some reason. Thanks!

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

So, you're getting a CD either way, but the benefit to ordering the PP+ vs. the CD is the ride photos, dining, and so on. I wasn't getting that, for some reason. Thanks!

Yeah, PP+ allows you to put the on ride photos on the CD as well as any restaurant photos. At first I thought when they started doing this that it meant all the character meals now had photographers that went around with the characters, but unfortunately, I was wrong. It's just your pre-meal photo (with Cinderella at CRT, Donald at Tusker House, etc..)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I have been considering the photopass. I have read online why each package gives for the price. However, I would enjoy hearing if I can get away with purchasing the cheaper package? Basically, does anyone have any info (pro and con) about either photopass?

If you just want pictures from the normal photographer, you want the PhotoCD. This will include a copy of every valid picture in your account at the time you redeem the credit or buy the CD. Any edits you do, borders, crops, etc will be included. If you prepurchase the PhotoCD, they will put a credit in your online account that gets redeemed when you order the CD. If you do try to prepurchase the PhotoCD, you need to do so prior to getting your picture taken, as a prepurchased CD only include the photos taken after the CD is bought.

PhotoPass+ provides you with 3 crucial things. 1) A PP+ card/lanyard (or if prepurchased, a voucher to redeem in parks for said card/lanyard) 2) A CD of stock photos that you can use for scrapbooking and the like 3) A voucher for a "free" PhotoCD (should be inside the CD case for the stock photos) The PP+ card tells the CMs at the participating dining and rides that you get a copy of those pictures. Dining will hand you the print as well as adding the pictures to your card, ride photos will be added to the card only.

Thanks, guys.

PP+ includes a voucher for a PhotoCD. The only hard copies you get included in the cost would be from the dining locations. You would upload the pictures you get on the CD to Walmart, Shutterfly, etc to get prints made.

If you get the PP+ you can edit each picture up to 3 per photo I believe. You can download from the site to your computer or you can get a disc sent to you. The shipping on the disc was $14.95 but this way you have a hard copy. The photographers are usually pretty good at taking lots of pics once you hand them the PP+. We bought it when we got to MK in Feb.

You can do unlimited edits via the website, regardless of if you prebought a PhotoCD, PP+ or neither (just want to order prints and such online). I've had 60+ edits on a single picture. My last order was 11 CDs worth of pictures.

If you prepurchase the PhotoCD, you will be charged shipping, I think its actually closer to $5.95 for US standard shipping (more for int'l or rush). If you prepurchase the PP+, the PhotoCD will be shipped to you at no cost.

Key to this statement - You need to do the different edits in the different sizes if you want to do differently sized prints. You can try to print a 4x6 as an 8x10, but if you apply a border the border will be chopped off due to the ratio change.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Key to this statement - You need to do the different edits in the different sizes if you want to do differently sized prints. You can try to print a 4x6 as an 8x10, but if you apply a border the border will be chopped off due to the ratio change.

Yes we realized this the hard way a few years ago. That's why we always make sure to edit the sizes as well!! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom