Photo Pass

melmood2000

Totally worth it! But take advantage of all the pp photographers you can so you have a full cd.

I agree

Make sure you order the CD before the start of your trip.

During our trip in Oct 2010 my sisters and I split the cost of the CD. We each had a photopass card, given to us by the photographer. At the end of our trip we added all the cards to one account. Once we were home I added borders and ordered the CD. When we received the CD in the mail I was able to burn copies for the others and we all had photos of our entire trip.

Upvote 0
Yes! Order before you go. We were just there for a week over New Year's. My family posed for pictures every time we saw a Disney Photographer. Also, test track pictures are on your photo pass. We ended up with over 200 pictures. I added borders and then ordered the CD and a photo book. Both arrived and we are so excited to have them. They came out fantastic and well worth the price.

With the photo pass I can share the pictures with everyone and order pictures for the family whenever I want and not have to pay the Disney price!

Have a wonderful trip and smile!:)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Just a side note here- it's only worth it IF you take a bunch of Photopass pics. I thought about pre-purchasing the CD for our Dec trip since we liked the whole Photopass thing on past trips, but this was also our first time traveling with our two young children. They made stopping for pictures difficult (i.e. it was easier for me to do it all)- so I am soooooo thankful I did not pre-purchase the CD. I think we wound up with a whopping 37 photopass pics after a week at Disney and many of the pics taken on my camera were better than the Photopass pics...and I'm a very average photographer. :lol: I wound up buying a grand total of three pictures.

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered the CD before our trip this past December. It was well worth the money. Our first trip with our daughters we did not do that. We ended up with some really great photopass pictures and spent $70+ on only a few prints from Disney. This time we took advantage of almost every photopass photographer. We ended up with 270 pictures on our CD. Well worth the $99.99. After exiting the safari at Animal Kingdom the photopass photographer posed us ( a family of 4 with 2 young girls) in some hysterical poses. He had us pushing a truck out of the mud, knocking on doors....it was a lot of fun. Over the 10 days we were there photographers superimposed Tinkerbell into our daughters hands, Simba in their arms and had them pretend to hold balloons and lift a leg off the ground. It looks like they are getting ready to fly away. All of them are wonderful. At the Wilderness Lodge one night while waiting to be seated at Whispering Canyone we had a family photo in front of the large Christmas tree. The photographer was great....he posed us in several positions then took pictures of just the girls. They were wearing their fancy Minnie ears. He posed them several different ways and we have some really great pictures. Some of my favorite of our trip. We took a bunch of our own pictures too and have 3 photo albums full of wonderful pictures from our vacation. Our girls love to sit and look at the pictures. I would say go ahead and order it just make sure to stop everytime you see a photographer and don't forget you can add your Test Track photos as well!! Enjoy your trip!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

wendysue

Not worth it to me. Out of 45 pics from photo pass photographer, maybe 10 were good. I was so disappointed during our last trip. Several photos were totally off center. A couple were blurry. Glad we didn't purchase the CD.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

It's worth it if:

1) You want pictures of yourself and the kids in front of all the same landmarks that everyone else gets their photos in front of (the castle, the tree, SSE, the Sorcerer's hat) etc....there is not a lot of creativity there.

2) You take lots and lots of photos -- if you go to a park a second day, take the photos again. One day they might be so so, the next day they might be amazing...the sky changes constantly so some days you will get dull backgrounds, others brilliant blue cloudy backgrounds. Take photos everywhere -- change your poses, and allow them to pose you so you can add odds and ends in post processing online. They know what they are doing, take advantage of it. Coming home with a hundred photos is better than coming home with thirty.

To me, if you want people pics they are very very worth it. If you are like me and don't take pictures of yourself and would rather have pictures of things, then the photopass is not the way to go. It's all about pictures of you and your family and kids. The Photopass photos are in no way meant to replace your own digital camera so you can take candids and more interesting photos throughout the parks. It won't replace that, but it sure will give you some terrific family shots you can keep as momentos, print up, put in CHristmas cards, etc.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

It's worth it to me for one reason: I am a photoguy, nice DSLR body with nice glass. I have a myriad of shots from the world and my travels ... Many art quality prints , some gallery representation. With that in mind, I'm always behind the lens and I have about 12 photos of myself. My gf is always the subject, FP allows me to step into the frame !

Upvote 0

riguitargod

Just curious, as I was looking around the site. What's the difference between this, and the Photo CD that's 59.95?

Sorry if this was really obvious!

edit: Nevermind. It seems to me that since I had last been to DL, it was showing me DL prices?

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

The photo pass is a great idea. We used it some, on our January visit. I do think it takes time tho to stop and wait for people ahead of you to get their's done. We prefer to keep moving and not wait, if possble. We didn't get that many pictures taken because of the waiting factor. When we looked at our pictures on line, they had tossed in a bunch of just character pictures. We will continue to get a photo pass, but use it only when there is little or no wait.

Upvote 0

Mr.Skunkape

The CD is totally worth it. We just came back from our Jan trip for 10 days and after adding borders we had 1500 pictures on oour Cds. As far as I know they have no limits on the amount of pictures you can get for $99.99. When ours came in it was on 5 CDs so yes do the CD and stop at every photopass cameraman you see. Also do not forget to ask the cameraman what surprise characters they have in the camera (the wife loves Tinkerbell in her hand)

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I'm 50/50 with the photopass..

photos..sometimes they're great others...eh...

as one poster mentioned though - It's nice to be in frame for a change. :)

as another poster mentioned - I hate waiting for other people to get their's done...:fork: too much time wasted I could be on ride enjoying myself..

Let me ask something...do you get any of the online prints free? Or is it JUST the disc. I mean I know you can print them off yourself etc..but I was wondering if there was something I'm missing

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

How does the pre-order work? Do they send you a card before your trip to bring with you? I've used the photopass every time I go and love it and I totally agree with RonAnnArbor about getting the pictures on different days. It's a great idea that we did our last trip.

Also, are the Space Mountain ride pics on the Photopass? I thought I read that it was.

Upvote 0

melmood2000

How does the pre-order work? Do they send you a card before your trip to bring with you? I've used the photopass every time I go and love it and I totally agree with RonAnnArbor about getting the pictures on different days. It's a great idea that we did our last trip.

Also, are the Space Mountain ride pics on the Photopass? I thought I read that it was.

The pre-order that they are talking about is pre ordering the CD. If you pre order thru the link that some one posted, you can get the CD for 99.99 instead of the 149.99. However you have to order before your trip, and then Disney photopass adds a credit to your photopass account. When you get back from your trip, you add the codes on the back of the cards you got at Disney to your account. When you add the CD to your account it uses your credit.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

ok thanks. I wasn't sure if they sent a Photopass card to use when you arrive.

I will definitely be ordering this before our trip in October as I have purchased the CD for our past 2 trips.

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

I went on the pre order link posted earlier in the thread and i was wondering.....how do they know if you bought this pkg before your trip...i just went through the whole ordering process just short of sending and it never asks for your PP card number or vacation dates prior to ordering....so how does it stop you from getting this deal after your vacation?:shrug:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I went on the pre order link posted earlier in the thread and i was wondering.....how do they know if you bought this pkg before your trip...i just went through the whole ordering process just short of sending and it never asks for your PP card number or vacation dates prior to ordering....so how does it stop you from getting this deal after your vacation?:shrug:
I'm not sure. I've read before that it looks at the date the photos were taken and won't allow them to be added if the CD was purchased after they were taken, but I don't know if that's true.
I got the pre-order in 2008 with my boyfriend and, while we hated shelling out the money just for pictures at the time, those are the only pictures we have of us together in WDW. We love them now.
If you're on the fence about this, I'd say get it. If you get home and find you don't like the pictures or didn't take enough for this to be worthwhile, you can get a refund.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom