PHOTO - NextGen RFID entry system installed at the Haunted Mansion

menamechris

Yeah, I suppose this is the type of exciting news we have to look forward to the next couple years. Oh, and DVC construction and Spectro's return...

rodserling27

Oh boy. Hm. Well. Yes, it is a matter of focus being placed/misplaced. Hugely unnecessary in my opinion...but I suppose I shall wait to try it out myself.

JWG

Well... the WiFi better be working well so folks know when to come back for their FP window. Not opposed to this eliminating how many millions of pieces of paper spit out everyday for FP. I guess it does eliminate what were free souveneirs for some.

worldfanatic

You don't have to be excited, but it is news very relevant to what is going on at WDW today.

Unfortunately, around here many aren't interested in discussing relevant "news" when the slightest opportunity to "whine and complain" pops up.

I'm very curious as to when the actual RFID rollout is scheduled to begin.

ImagineerDude

They are spending how much on all this? Yet peter pans flight continues to fall apart, among other things.
Yet, it continues to ALWAYS have the longest wait time in the park, typically...Nobody/nothing is perfect even though we push Disney to do better and better when in all reality they just keep us coming back and giving them more and more money...Disney is a business no matter how much we say it's Heaven on Earth (it will always be for me until something MAJOR happens), nothing is :)

The same poles have been installed at Dumbo's fastpass entrance. They were probably at other attractions too
Interesting... :D

I for one am excited about these changes coming to MK!

bethymouse

Please explain to me again how the nextgen fp are working. I know it's in "test mode" for some of the guests. I'm sure this was said in another thread, but I need my memory refreshed please ( as old as I am). LOL.:eek: How do you know if you can use your "key to the world key" for the attraction? Thanks again for indulging this "old lady". LOL.;)

Patricia Melton

Unfortunately, around here many aren't interested in discussing relevant "news" when the slightest opportunity to "whine and complain" pops up.

I'm very curious as to when the actual RFID rollout is scheduled to begin.

The malcontents have a definite agenda: everything Disney does it wrong and terrible just because TDO is doing it. It reminds me of an old SNL sketch I remember where a grump at the office party hated everything and thought everything was terrible and not as good as it was at some other company's party he went to. And so he spent the whole time complaining and whining and trying to rain on everyone else's fun time. And then the last shot was him hiding in the coffee break area eating as many of the cookies as he could. You know, the cookies he thought were cheap and terrible.

Disney malcontents are the same way. They trash this RFID and NextGen stuff now, but in a few years when it's all up and running they will no doubt eagerly take part in their benefits.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The malcontents have a definite agenda: everything Disney does it wrong and terrible just because TDO is doing it. It reminds me of an old SNL sketch I remember where a grump at the office party hated everything and thought everything was terrible and not as good as it was at some other company's party he went to. And so he spent the whole time complaining and whining and trying to rain on everyone else's fun time. And then the last shot was him hiding in the coffee break area eating as many of the cookies as he could. You know, the cookies he thought were cheap and terrible.

Disney malcontents are the same way. They trash this RFID and NextGen stuff now, but in a few years when it's all up and running they will no doubt eagerly take part in their benefits.

Actually, the news about the Next Gen project has been extensively discussed since it was first announced. And for many it's neither the fact TDO is doing it first (because it inevitably will end up in the other parks) or any other concerns over RFID (which apparently you knew so little about before yesterday). It's that so much money and resources are being our into a project when the WDW parks have so many needs to address.

Brewmaster

The malcontents have a definite agenda: everything Disney does it wrong and terrible just because TDO is doing it

That's a broad stroke with a pretty large brush. There have been numerous convincing arguments posted by highly informed members that defend the anti NextGen position, more specifically the RFID boondoggle. Words like "malcontents" and "agenda" reek of partisan implications.

Club34

TL/DR but if I had to categorize my "discontent" for this "investment" it would be the unknown. It is not a heavy rumor that this next gen stuff will ultimately trickle down to how/when we get to ride the rides, with the most benefits going to those with the most cash? In other words, if the rumors turn out to be true then it won't be a malcontent being divisive it will the next-gen RFID devices doing it for disney. The resource allocation is an entirely separate business issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom