PHOTO - Fantasyland construction wall gets higher

CountryBearFan

those are some pretty good pictures. i can't wait to see what it's going to look like when it's actually completed. does anyone know if they're re-theming the train station or are they just going to make it look like they did before?

According to concept art, it's a complete retheming.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Aren't survey balloons much cheaper and easier to accomplish that?

The wall appears to be made out of fabric, so it probably wasn't that expensive, and if your goal is to see what the wall will or will not block then a mock up of the wall would work better then survey balloons.

muteki

So much activity in the area it looks incredible. It almost seems like, until the LM ride and the Beauty and the beast areas are done and the trucks, etc. can clear out, there is no starting on the SW coaster.

Its unfortunate and I would hate that due to the centralized location that the delay in SW's construction would delay the opening of new FL in general.

Isn't there a no-fly zone in the general area of MK/the Contemporary? Maybe only for larger jets?

mergatroid

So much activity in the area it looks incredible. It almost seems like, until the LM ride and the Beauty and the beast areas are done and the trucks, etc. can clear out, there is no starting on the SW coaster.

Its unfortunate and I would hate that due to the centralized location that the delay in SW's construction would delay the opening of new FL in general.

Isn't there a no-fly zone in the general area of MK/the Contemporary? Maybe only for larger jets?

That's what I thought. If not then you would think there'd be a good business for someone running flights over there :shrug:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There are restrictions to flying over Disney World. Here are the details posted in response to another thread a couple months ago:

"It's not a no-fly zone. The airspace within a 3nm radius of WDW has a temporary flight restriction on it. All you need is clearance from Air Traffic Control if you wish to pass below 3,000' asl within the given airspace.

The NOTAM:
http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_9_4985.html"

Slipknot

So, is this "addition" to the construction wall all the way down to the Tea Cups/Speedway? If not, it is more likely part of the construction of the Castle Wall.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, is this "addition" to the construction wall all the way down to the Tea Cups/Speedway? If not, it is more likely part of the construction of the Castle Wall.

Taking a close look at the aerial picture from Attractions Magazine it appears that the "addition" is actually a totally separate fabric wall built behind the existing wall. It does not appear to stretch beyond the Dumbo area which is consistent with where the new castle wall is going to be. I'm going with the idea that this is some sort of mockup for the castle wall. If if were for safety of to block the view they would have just extended the top of the existing walls.

FLWallCloseup.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Agreed. Isn't the castle wall supposed to cut through where Dumbo sits right now?

Yep. Here is an overlay I did based on the original "leaked" plans. The red line is the wall, and the green lines are other features on the plans which I assume are landscaped areas.

CastleWallOverlay.jpg

toolsnspools

Is the fabric used to shield concrete work from the sun? I recall similar high walls during the construction of the new Mexican restaraunt in EPCOT when the walls were going up there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Jeffxz

I saw this on Sunday and it is definately scaffolding with netting. You can see a circular steel structure towards the right hand side of that picture that looks like it will be part of the castle wall.

Sari8970

I can't believe the only roller coaster that one of my kids can go on is closed. My 2 year old doesn't make the height requirements, but Goofy's roller coaster was my older ones favorite ride last year (and he had just barely made the height requirement at that point).

Of course I'd still be going, but I wish I would've known this before booking out trip for October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom