Photo Editing Tutorials

mnagel55

literally just found this thread and wanted to say "Thanks" ...before I went off and forgot :(. Seriously though...I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.

afb28

Final Result:
Over the top by Dan Karanikis, on Flickr

Tutorial:

Not sure if here or twitter is easier and probably over the 140 character limit, but I saw your tweet about how LR imports the raw D750 files.

Have you tried changing the color profile in LR? Under Camera Calibration just after Grain.

The default is Adobe, I tend to use Camera Neutral for disney shots. For portraits I use Camera Portrait. But I'd play with those to see if those yield better results because the Adobe color profile seems super super flat.

NowInc

Original Poster
Not sure if here or twitter is easier and probably over the 140 character limit, but I saw your tweet about how LR imports the raw D750 files.

Have you tried changing the color profile in LR? Under Camera Calibration just after Grain.

The default is Adobe, I tend to use Camera Neutral for disney shots. For portraits I use Camera Portrait. But I'd play with those to see if those yield better results because the Adobe color profile seems super super flat.

I have played around with the different profiles and some images look better in neutral and others are better with adobe. Its odd, because its not as if the color/image detail is missing...its just incredibly over contrasted. My D7100 never had this issue...I thought it may have been the camera but the images look great in the Nikon Capture NX-D browser/editor. I think I need to sit down and make my own profile...I just need the time to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom