Phones

trr1

Original Poster
does anyone have a Galaxy S10e and what do you think of it. I am thinking of upgrading my J7 prime

trr1

Original Poster
i Phone 11 pro has Capacity of 64,256,and 512 Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant3 Rated IP68 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes) and 4 GB of RAM Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras rear camera 12 megapixels
and the 7 had 32, and 128 Splash, Water, and Dust ResistantRated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes) 2 GB of RAM. 12-megapixel rear-facing camera 7-megapixel front-facing camera

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
does anyone have a Galaxy S10e and what do you think of it. I am thinking of upgrading my J7 prime
Did you ever upgrade trr1? I got a S10e when my phone stopped working last Fall.....seems it had a tmobile chip inside that was not 5G and they flipped the switch and my think it was a J7 went POOF. Anyhow I like my s10e....usually in the past I only upgraded when they changed the MDE format prior to a trip and it became defunct on my older phone... :p.

Oh one thing I have noticed I didn't have issue before on an android, is when one of my friends sends out a group text to more than 10 people, I cannot respond.....I get most of the other people's responses and it says delete people to be 10 or less but since I did not create the text in first place I cannot delete them and I tried. :rolleyes:

trr1

Original Poster
Did you ever upgrade trr1? I got a S10e when my phone stopped working last Fall.....seems it had a tmobile chip inside that was not 5G and they flipped the switch and my think it was a J7 went POOF. Anyhow I like my s10e....usually in the past I only upgraded when they changed the MDE format prior to a trip and it became defunct on my older phone... :p.

Oh one thing I have noticed I didn't have issue before on an android, is when one of my friends sends out a group text to more than 10 people, I cannot respond.....I get most of the other people's responses and it says delete people to be 10 or less but since I did not create the text in first place I cannot delete them and I tried. :rolleyes:
yes I did up grade and I love the phone. It just seems like the apps get updated everyday the S10e is not 5g though

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
yes I did up grade and I love the phone. It just seems like the apps get updated everyday the S10e is not 5g though
Wow I was told it was.....sigh....it does everything I need for now.....I chose it as it was closest in size to old phone, I don't want one of those huge thingys......think its only 3G.....well as long as it works at WDW.....:cool:

trr1

Original Poster
Wow I was told it was.....sigh....it does everything I need for now.....I chose it as it was closest in size to old phone, I don't want one of those huge thingys......think its only 3G.....well as long as it works at WDW.....:cool:
mine is 4g and i love that you can put in a memory SD card I believe the S20 series don't have expanded memory

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
mine is 4g and i love that you can put in a memory SD card I believe the S20 series don't have expanded memory
And now that I think on it, who knows what will be needed in a year at the parks.....they are just rolling out stuff for apple and haven't gotten around to Android......yes I saw the newer model, and the phone looks much bigger, and more expensive. DH has an ancient windows phone and might need a new one, so I best start looking.....we use consumers cellular....great price. My inlaws told us about it years ago and think we pay like 65$ a month for 3 phones. :cool:

trr1

Original Poster
And now that I think on it, who knows what will be needed in a year at the parks.....they are just rolling out stuff for apple and haven't gotten around to Android......yes I saw the newer model, and the phone looks much bigger, and more expensive. DH has an ancient windows phone and might need a new one, so I best start looking.....we use consumers cellular....great price. My inlaws told us about it years ago and think we pay like 65$ a month for 3 phones. :cool:
I use metro by t mobile we have the family plan unlimited talk text and data for for 4 phones is 25 per line plus phone warranties

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I use metro by t mobile we have the family plan unlimited talk text and data for for 4 phones is 25 per line plus phone warranties
Think ours is 10$ more a month to add a family member.....they use ATT network.....

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I may have to look into it is it unlimited data? just looked its like 37-38 dollars a month per line for unlimited everything
Yeah there are different levels, but if you go over you only pay that month, it reverts back.....we have unlimited talk and text not sure about data, but we have never gone over, DH and I don't use much anyhow, and everyone being home helps that too....basically we had to make sure whichever plan we used was in range where our child goes to college.....I looked we pay 60 a month for 3 with 3GB Data which we barely use.....so it's a good fit.....I think you can also have each phone at different settings for data, so if everyone doesn't need unlimited then you save more there. You can keep your own number and phone to switch too. ;) If for example when DS goes back to college and he used more data I would upgrade him, but didn't need to prior year, he has wifi access 24/7 on campus. DH signed up and its another 10$ for me and 10$ for my son. 😎

Oh it says I can connect to 4G networks.....:bookworm:

Last edited:

5thGenTexan

I have a LG G6 that will no longer work after December 2021 because TMobile is shutting down SPrint CMDA.

I have to find a new phone, maybe new carrier.

I don't trust any of the "Deals", dealing with getting a new phone is worse and makes me feel dirtier than having to buy a car.

I was offered a free Galaxy A32. Well, woopeedoo. I picked the G6 because it was a flagship phone at the time and it has never let me down. Now, they are turning my phone off and offering me junk. WOW!!!

lazyboy97o

I have a LG G6 that will no longer work after December 2021 because TMobile is shutting down SPrint CMDA.

I have to find a new phone, maybe new carrier.

I don't trust any of the "Deals", dealing with getting a new phone is worse and makes me feel dirtier than having to buy a car.

I was offered a free Galaxy A32. Well, woopeedoo. I picked the G6 because it was a flagship phone at the time and it has never let me down. Now, they are turning my phone off and offering me junk. WOW!!!
What is wrong with the A32? It’s not Samsung’s flagship device but it is a free upgrade from the G6.

Sprint’s CDMA network will be 21 years old when it is shut down. You could see about unlocking the G6 and try taking to Verizon, but that only buys you another year.

5thGenTexan

What is wrong with the A32? It’s not Samsung’s flagship device but it is a free upgrade from the G6.

Sprint’s CDMA network will be 21 years old when it is shut down. You could see about unlocking the G6 and try taking to Verizon, but that only buys you another year.

Free doesnt mean much. I picked my phone based on the camera. At the time it was pretty good.

All three of the "free" offerings lack substantially in performance, camera, etc.... If they want to give me something, give me credit towards a decent device.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom