Phone Interview Questions

javer004

Original Poster
Would anyone be willing to share the type of questions they typically ask during a Professional Internship interview? It would be the first interview and Im not sure how specific to the job they get!

Thank you for any suggestions!

steviej

can anyone tell me what kind of information you need to have during the interview? Like whether its transcripts or something like that?

hey guys. i was actually sick this past week and EXTREMELY bored, so i went through the past threads looking for the same question. this is what people have said in the past about the phone interviews (sorry i'm not giving out credit to people, this is how i saved it onto my computer)

-Who's your favorite character, and why?
-What are your top choices to work and why?
-What do you hope to get out of the experience?
-Why do you want to be in the WDWCP?<O:p</O:p
-What is your favorite Disney memory?<O:p</O:p
*Work experience and what you enjoyed about that job?<O:p</O:p
*What job would you like to do and why?<O:p</O:p
*How many people would you want living in your apartment?<O:p</O:p

*“Okay, let’s say you’re working at Space Mountain and you see a little kid come up, and you can tell even before he gets there that he won’t be tall enough to ride. What do you do?”<O:p</O:p
*When did you see customer service that really stood out to you? *what would good customer service look like?<O:p</O:p
*"How would you handle a situation where you are at a register and there are a long line of guests?"<O:p
*"What would you do if you were working in MouseGear and a guest was looking for a Mickey which they had saw in the Emporium?"<O:p</O:p
*"If you were doing my job, what qualities would you look for in college students applying?"

Advice on what to do while interviewing...

*Smile while you're talking on the phone. It will come across in your voice.
*If you can, go outside where you can walk around on a cordless or cell phone. It really helped me to be able to pace. If I were to be sitting I would have been way too nervous.
*Carry on a conversation. The interviewer will mostly be talking to you in a casual conversation. Stay on your toes but keep it casual.
*Be Yourself. There is no better tip. They are looking for people with good personalities and they can pick it up if you just be yourself.

zeroFantasy

THere is also more information in this section about interview questions, etc... I spent hours checking it all out before my interview ;)

jennyfd

These knowledge requirements will vary depending on the employer and the type of internship job you are looking at. However you can expect internship interview questions such as :

"Which of your courses or activities has helped prepare you for this internship?

"What is your dissertation about and how did you decide on the topic."

"What factors did you consider when choosing your major?"

"Why did you choose the extracurricular activities you did?"

(Source: phone interview questions)

CaptainShortty

These knowledge requirements will vary depending on the employer and the type of internship job you are looking at. However you can expect internship interview questions such as :

"Which of your courses or activities has helped prepare you for this internship?

"What is your dissertation about and how did you decide on the topic."

"What factors did you consider when choosing your major?"

"Why did you choose the extracurricular activities you did?"

From my experience with Disney they tend not to ask questions like this and ask more questions tailored to customer service and why you want to work for Disney. That's just my experience though.

P.S. Welcome to the boards! Just a hint though...be sure to check when the board was created when you answer them. This one was posted over five years ago!! =P

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom