Phone dropped in Seven Seas Lagoon retrieved and returned.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Meanwhile, I once left a pair of sunglasses in the pouch on Space Mountain and reported it to an unload CM with seat position and rocket number before the vehicle even had time to complete its return to the load area . . . and they haven't been seen since.

So, you know. Progress!
It's possible the next rider in that seat (a) grabbed them up with all their stuff, or (b) thanked you in absentia for your generosity.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
My only fear with this happening is future guests ‘demanding’ extraordinary measures because they saw on the Internet that Disney recovered someone else’s. Don’t get me wrong it’s great this family go their phone back and amazing it was still working, but this feels like an extraordinary circumstance that may not be easily repeatable.

However nowadays with increasingly demanding guests some will now expect Disney to do this every time they lose something and blame them (Disney) if it’s not returned.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My only fear with this happening is future guests ‘demanding’ extraordinary measures because they saw on the Internet that Disney recovered someone else’s. Don’t get me wrong it’s great this family go their phone back and amazing it was still working, but this feels like an extraordinary circumstance that may not be easily repeatable.

However nowadays with increasingly demanding guests some will now expect Disney to do this every time they lose something and blame them (Disney) if it’s not returned.
Yep I think you are right. I can see it being thrown back at them, especially for things that get lost in more easier to access places.

ABQ

Yep I think you are right. I can see it being thrown back at them, especially for things that get lost in more easier to access places.
Are you aware of whether or not this Disney dive team was out in the lagoon specifically looking for the lost phone or where they doing some other sort of dive work, maintaining the boat docks, or other underwater infrastructure work and just happened to see the phone down there? My first assumption was the latter, not the prior.

corran horn

Years ago my Cubs hat flew off on TT in the outside loop and landed near the GM cars they parked there and even though there's no danger they wouldn't go and get it and it still burns me to this day thank you for listening to my podcast please like and subscribe and don't forget to hit the bell.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are you aware of whether or not this Disney dive team was out in the lagoon specifically looking for the lost phone or where they doing some other sort of dive work, maintaining the boat docks, or other underwater infrastructure work and just happened to see the phone down there? My first assumption was the latter, not the prior.

I too am operating on the assumption that they were down there for something unrelated and just happened to come across the phone. I'd find it hard to believe they sent a dive team out there just because a guest dropped a phone. It would cost them more to do that the the physical replacement value of the phone. I'm guessing there are a whole lot of phones and cameras at the bottom of both Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon accumulated over the decades.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
File this next to that girl that dropped her iPhone off of the SkySwings or whatever they're called on I-Drive and it landed in a parking lot with no case and no scratches, still functional. And it filmed the descent. Awesome video if you get a chance to see it.

Thought I'd throw in that Lost & Found is always a strong suggestion and never an obligation of a theme park team member. Lost and Found is a service that is provided, sometimes unavailable, and assumes absolutely no responsibility of loss. Therefore, there isn't any "compensation" that should be attached. Especially when you're given the option to leave loose articles in a locker or with a non rider. Don't want to do either? Child Swap is available for your personal belongings, as well. In legal matters and especially in hospitality, compensation can immediately imply fault. I have met attendants that have bent over backwards, climbed places they shouldn't have climbed, and waded through places they shouldn't have waded for digital cameras, phones, and stuffed animals because they know how important all these items are to you, their guests and how important it is to return them to you in a timely manner. So... credit where it's due and all...

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. :)

Years ago my Cubs hat flew off on TT in the outside loop and landed near the GM cars they parked there and even though there's no danger they wouldn't go and get it and it still burns me to this day thank you for listening to my podcast please like and subscribe and don't forget to hit the bell.

Hi! The teardrop formation and parking area beneath it are considered active ride path areas, require Ride Access Control procedures, and are access-restricted during operation with vehicle movement. (Dumb... I know...) Most items lost in that area are reported to operations cast and then reported to Maintenance & Guest Relations. Operations, however, don't frequent the parking area beneath the ride track. When maintenance picks up lost and found, it usually goes straight to Guest Relations and doesn't pass through attractions. Sometimes it goes straight to Central L&F and the flag for the item that's set up at Epcot GR is rendered pointless. I'd check Central L&F!

corran horn

Hi! The teardrop formation and parking area beneath it are considered active ride path areas, require Ride Access Control procedures, and are access-restricted during operation with vehicle movement. (Dumb... I know...) Most items lost in that area are reported to operations cast and then reported to Maintenance & Guest Relations. Operations, however, don't frequent the parking area beneath the ride track. When maintenance picks up lost and found, it usually goes straight to Guest Relations and doesn't pass through attractions. Sometimes it goes straight to Central L&F and the flag for the item that's set up at Epcot GR is rendered pointless. I'd check Central L&F!

A) the truth & reality of the situation has no place in my rant!

B) This happened some time in 2001 or so. :D

azox

File this next to that girl that dropped her iPhone off of the SkySwings or whatever they're called on I-Drive and it landed in a parking lot with no case and no scratches, still functional. And it filmed the descent. Awesome video if you get a chance to see it.

Thought I'd throw in that Lost & Found is always a strong suggestion and never an obligation of a theme park team member. Lost and Found is a service that is provided, sometimes unavailable, and assumes absolutely no responsibility of loss. Therefore, there isn't any "compensation" that should be attached. Especially when you're given the option to leave loose articles in a locker or with a non rider. Don't want to do either? Child Swap is available for your personal belongings, as well. In legal matters and especially in hospitality, compensation can immediately imply fault. I have met attendants that have bent over backwards, climbed places they shouldn't have climbed, and waded through places they shouldn't have waded for digital cameras, phones, and stuffed animals because they know how important all these items are to you, their guests and how important it is to return them to you in a timely manner. So... credit where it's due and all...

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. :)

Link for those who want to watch it:

awesomeinabox

I dropped my sunnies in the otter grotto at AK, went to the nearest assistant and they called the otter keepers. Otters got called in for snacks and we fished my sunnies out of the deepest water. I actually learned a lot about the otters and knew they'd eat whatever they found so I was more concerned about them.
The keeper told me that if you give a description of something lost in AK they'll mail it back in whatever condition it is found. She told me about some busted up cameras, glasses, and hats.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I seen a peanut stand, heard a rubber band
I seen a needle that winked its eye
But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything
When I see a cell phone that fell in a lagoon returned working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom