Phone charging

Ademello192

Are there places to charge phones? I use my iPhone as my camera mostly, I wouldn't want to have my phone die during a day at the parks. Anyone use any portable chargers they can recommend?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You'd get better pictures if you left your phone in your room and took a real digital camera.

Plus cameras are not nearly as irritating to others as that obnoxiously large screen on your phone.

But yes there are a few places where you could recharge. In fact they included outlets in some of the stumps in the newly opened bathroom area in Fantasyland.

Upvote 0

Zman-ks

I gotta admit, you will want a digital camera if you can fit it.
75.gif

Agreed....pictures are so much better.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Are there places to charge phones? I use my iPhone as my camera mostly, I wouldn't want to have my phone die during a day at the parks. Anyone use any portable chargers they can recommend?
I got one from HSN that will charge my daughter's phone three times before it has to be recharged itself. It looks like a toothbrush holder. They have them in all kinds of colors. Just look on their site. It came with a usb slot so any small device with a usb connection can be charged on it. I think QVC has one also. I've seen cheap ones at Big Lots, but I don't know if they hold a charge.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Get a real camera (and a real phone while you're at it. Sorry, I had to say that). The iPhone sucks for photos. My supervisor has an iPhone 5 and I warned him that it wasn't that great, especially for photos (no phone is really) but he wouldn't listen. Although he still walks around talking about how great the photos are even though they look like they were taken through dirty glass. Oh, and if I hear him in his office one more time saying (in a very loud voice so everyone can hear him) "Suri, how's the weather today?" because he thinks it is impressing people I may just hide his phone.

By the way, I have a spare battery for my Galaxy S3 (getting an S4 soon...) and I have a spare for my digital camera. They weigh in at, well... nothing really and are the size of one those portable chargers. That way I am not restricted by an un-removable cell phone battery.

Sorry, rant over. Buy a camera. :D

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
How long does something like that take to charge the phone battery?
It takes about the same amount of time as when you plug it into a wall outlet or computer - about 3 hours according to my wife and DD, who both use Android phones which have to be recharged every 12 hours even without taking pics. My good old outdated blackberry can go 3 days without a charge, so I don't use it much!

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

It takes about the same amount of time as when you plug it into a wall outlet or computer - about 3 hours according to my wife and DD, who both use Android phones which have to be recharged every 12 hours even without taking pics. My good old outdated blackberry can go 3 days without a charge, so I don't use it much!

I might look into something like this for my daughter. She has an iPhone 5 (against all my wishes) and she kills the battery constantly while she is out. My S3 lasts all day, but I do have a spare battery and a charger for the spare. I take those when I go somewhere for the day and if I have to I can change out the battery in a second.

Does it work with an iPod?

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I have to admit, watching others trying to take photos and video with an iPhone or iPad really cracks me up, it just looks so clumsy. Get a decent camera instead in order to get far better photos.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

I have a spare battery for my phone but my husband's phone doesn't work like that so we got him a Motorola P893 universal portable battery pack. Seems to work fine as long as he remember to charge it once in a while. Got it on Amazon for around $24

Upvote 0

draybook

You'd get better pictures if you left your phone in your room and took a real digital camera.

Plus cameras are not nearly as irritating to others as that obnoxiously large screen on your phone.

But yes there are a few places where you could recharge. In fact they included outlets in some of the stumps in the newly opened bathroom area in Fantasyland.

He said he uses his iPhone as a camera, not an iPad. The typical SLR camera has a 3 inch LCD screen, while the newest iPhone has a 4 inch screen. I doubt he'll be "irritating others" with that massive 1 inch difference.

That being said, this is about charging his phone, and yes, there are plenty of places to charge. You can have them charge it for free(at least it used to be free) at Guest Relations. You can also find outlets spread out in some if not most of the eateries.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I didn't think the iPhone or iPod had a USB interface. o_O
They come with a cable that will attach to a standard usb port for charging and syncing to the computer. At least that's been my experience. This portable charger is basically just a rechargeable battery with 2 usb ports just like the ones on your computer.

Upvote 0

Rob562

He said he uses his iPhone as a camera, not an iPad. The typical SLR camera has a 3 inch LCD screen, while the newest iPhone has a 4 inch screen. I doubt he'll be "irritating others" with that massive 1 inch difference.

The problem is not just a 1" difference, it's that adding 1" to the diagonal on a screen increases the overall area that the screen takes up. So a 3.5" screen is 5.9 square inches, but a 4.3" screen is 9 square inches. (Those were the fastest dimensions I could find online)

So a 23% increase in screen size (3.5 to 4.3) does not equate to a 23% larger screen area, but rather 50% more screen area.
And 50% more screen area means 50% more overall illumination from the light source in the dark in front of you while trying to watch Wishes.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom