Phone batteries lasting or not throughout the day

trainplane3

Yes indeed, that's part of the reason. What it all boils down to is bandwidth. Verizon and T-Mobile are about even in LTE availability but T-Mobile has fewer devices (i.e. customers) competing for the available bandwidth. Here's the most recent OpenSignal report that verifies the T-Mobile superiority: https://opensignal.com/blog/2018/03/15/the-4g-battle-continues-between-t-mobile-and-verizon/

And here is the OpenSignal January, 2018 report: https://opensignal.com/reports/2018/01/usa/state-of-the-mobile-network
I'm hoping the Sprint-TMobile merger can give VZW and AT&T a swift kick in the you know where. I know up in my area, you don't want T-Mobile once you leave the city. I even had a couple friends have multiple call and data drops (as in seeing the phone roam) on a major highway with a GS7 everytime we would drive it while I maintained full LTE.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

5thGenTexan

I have an Iphone SE. Twice I have had it at Disney World and with all the use of the Disney app, along with taking pictures and video, I find it going down to zero before the day ends, usually around 5 or 6 in the afternoon unless I am careful. Thus, I am bringing one of them recharging packs with me to the park next time next week.

I am curious, does anyone have any experience with the Iphone 8 and how long that would last in the park, with moderate use? Other phone battery experiences?

My approach was different... I carry a real camera in my pocket because I want better pictures than my phone can produce.

91e1jONmbUL._SX569_.jpg

At night I take my DSLR because its better in low light.

SteveAZee

From personal experience I can attest that T-Mobile has the best coverage at WDW and it is far better than any other carrier. AT&T and Verizon are among the worst. It's easy to determine people at WDW that have either AT&T or Verizon. They're the ones that have to go outside of their resort rooms in order to get a signal and make a phone call. They're also the same people that are cussing because their phone lost its signal in the middle of a call.

And so it goes with battery life as well. AT&T and Verizon phones are constantly searching for s signal and their batteries run down quickly as a result. T-Mobile phones always have a very strong signal available to them at WDW and their batteries last longer because they're not using excessive power searching for weak signals all the time.

This is interesting... I looked at two different sites comparing the coverage of the four major carriers. I wonder how the testing was done... perhaps they tested within the parks vs at the resorts? I don't recall any specifics in the two articles (I think I Googled "best cell phone coverage Walt Disney World") about their testing methods.

disneygurl

I have an Iphone SE. Twice I have had it at Disney World and with all the use of the Disney app, along with taking pictures and video, I find it going down to zero before the day ends, usually around 5 or 6 in the afternoon unless I am careful. Thus, I am bringing one of them recharging packs with me to the park next time next week.

I am curious, does anyone have any experience with the Iphone 8 and how long that would last in the park, with moderate use? Other phone battery experiences?

I find it helpful to make a screenshot of all of my fastpass reservations as I make them. That way you're not going in & out of the app to verify times. Just look at your screenshot or make the screenshot your background. You can do that with ADR's & other confirmations too. It is quick & easy reference. Make a photo album, place your screenshots there, easily reference your important info. In the end it does save a bit of battery.

HwdStudio

My iPhone X lasts me all day in the parks. I take a portable battery just in case. There is a lot of good info I. This thread for making it last all day so I’ll just leave it at that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom