Phil's MK-Epcot-MK Update-a-Roo 1/17 (with images)

maxime29

Premium Member
That birds nest at the entrance of SGE is still there? Hehe. I think it's been there since day one of the opening.

Great photos mate! The hub looks like it will be something when it's all done.

Mission: SPACE

OK... you guys are being too hard on him(the TL CM). I know him personally, and that's just who he is. He's from New York, so a lot of people mistake him for being rude, but trust me, you can't judge a book by its cover. Once you get to know him he's a hoot.

I'm not defending any actions, I'm just saying you should know someone before you pass judgement upon them. He's also not trained to work at those attractions. That's why he's only at greeter. He's only trained for Speedway and thus is probably why he was hard on drinks at TTA.

I've had people get mad at me for the tone I use while working parade, but sometimes you've got to use a tone people will catch on to. I'm not there just for the heck of it. I'm there for their safety. And sometimes they forget that. When you're working in a stressful situation it's sometimes hard to maintain that perfect Disney attitude that represents the company, at least to the fullest extent.

From what I've heard, the small character statues should be coming back to the hub, or at least from how I understood it. Apparently they're being rehabbed themselves while they work on the hub.

CTXRover

Someone should get that particular SGE CM's name and specifically report what is being perceived as rude behavior to Guest Relations. Sometimes things are done, sometimes they are not (such as just talking to the guy to try and stay more calm), but obviously this guy didn't just have one bad day if he has been like that to guests at other times. You are always going to get people like that in there....the screening process isn't perfect and coupled with the huge number of CM's that must be hired, you are always going to end up with the really good, the average, and then those that shouldn't be working there at all....

As for the mess inside SGE lobby...that was the same way it would get when AE was there. What it is with that lobby area and the ability to attract trash is beyond me.....I wonder how often throughout the day they go through and just do a quick trash pick-up in there?

IMG_1054.jpg

I think it was this guy that, when I went, was working at BLSS (SGE hadnt opened yet) and was screaming into the crowd. We got to the entrance and he yelled "No balloons please!"
So, what are you supposed to do with your quite expensive Minnie Mouse balloon, which is what my sister came for??? We had to stuff it into a bag when he wasnt looking and zip through.
I mean...sheesh! Does he not expect people to actually buy the balloons?

WDWFanatic

You know they have ruined the place where i proposed to my girlfriend at the hub now it will never be the same place. I thought surely that would remain the same. :(

manda0125

Wow those are really cool pictures. I was wondering the pictures that you took of the hub being redone that's where the partners statue is right? When I was down there in October they had just planted all new trees around there, they torn it all up again? I really liked that area, I hope they don't change it too much! But by the way those photos look, there's not much left.

Laura

Premium Member
cherrynegra said:
Thanks for the pics and the updates. Wow!! I wasn't even aware they were working on the hub! Now to be the only one out of the loop to ask, what are they doing?????

LOL - I just said almost the same thing on another thread a few minutes ago. So it's not just you out of the loop.

That was a great update! I loved the pictures and everything, but its so depressing that there's SO much construction everywhere!

KevinPage

What is the timetable for the "hub" construction to be completed? It's going to feel weird no matter what they do (better or worse).

Hopefully they still have areas to sit down around the planters like last time.

The hub area is being redone to be more like the other area on that little island. Instead of the tall planters it should be more like the other areas, with grass and flowers surrounded by low fences. The hub should be back in its new form by March.

I also meant to mention that the 'stained glass window' going on the castle for the celebration is said to be a 'revolving billboard'. I hope it's not as cheap as it sounds...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom