phillies @ disney

Lunamis

My fiancee is a huge, emphasis on huge, fan.
If they go to Disney, maybe it will convince him to take me there soon:p!

Congrats!:sohappy:

ddank

yes the birds do need to win one next. but i think theres something magical about what happened the other night. it ended a span of time that the city and its fans thought they would never witness a championship. im 31 and am too young too have appreciated any prior champs. and theres many more like me. we honestly thought wed never see anything like this. its the first and nothing will ever compare.

That would be awsome if they had a Phillies parade on Main Street...I was at the parade yesterday and im lost 4 words...it was the time of my life..front row on Broad and South baby!!!

GO PHILLIES...I LOVE YOU GUYS

HMF

yes the birds do need to win one next. but i think theres something magical about what happened the other night. it ended a span of time that the city and its fans thought they would never witness a championship. im 31 and am too young too have appreciated any prior champs. and theres many more like me. we honestly thought wed never see anything like this. its the first and nothing will ever compare.
Of course Comcast is taking all the credit because they put that William Penn statue on the Comcast Building.

Jaytrod

nothing yet

I havn't heard anything.. I watch ESPN religiously and I'm sure they would say something on there, especially since they are Disney owned. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney try and get a group of the Phillies to come for ESPN weekend like they did with the NY Giants last year.

smphilliesphan

Phillies down broad st!

I was at the parade last Friday!! AMAZING! As Harry would say, "Can you believe it?!! Yea def felt like 2 million people there, we got lucky, we tried 4 different train stations like the mayor told us to do, 3 hour wait, so we tried driving into the city, Good Call, stood on broad and pattison to see the phillies ride past!!! It started wtih a spring training trip in March and ended with a parade down broad!

828tnt

if only we could hear Harry Kalas:king: saying..." WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD !!!!!!"

what an amazing game! being a lifelong phillie phan, my emotions are still getting in the way of my words.......

2008 world champs!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

i know it has absolutely NOTHING to do with disney, but i would feel remiss not to mention the sincere sorrow i feel today. harry the k will be missed, he enjoyed life as walt did. he loved his phils as walt loved to entertain.

i met harry once in boston. he's one of the most welcoming, sincere men i have ever had the pleasure to come across.

i can't tell you how many nights i fell asleep listening to you and whitey when i was a child.

you are baseball and all that is pure with it. very "field of dreams".

i love you and will miss you harry. you went out a champion.

-Harry the K:king:

lbrad

i know it has absolutely NOTHING to do with disney, but i would feel remiss not to mention the sincere sorrow i feel today. harry the k will be missed, he enjoyed life as walt did. he loved his phils as walt loved to entertain.

i met harry once in boston. he's one of the most welcoming, sincere men i have ever had the pleasure to come across.

i can't tell you how many nights i fell asleep listening to you and whitey when i was a child.

Couldn't have said it better myself !!!
What a great man & legend. The sports "world" will not be the same:(
We'll miss you Harry K !!!

Harry was an amazing guy. He was a huge part of the sports world and baseball. When you heard his voice you immediately knew who it was. Being a Yankee fan and having to listen to John Sterling is painful. Harry will be missed...

Shimmer73083

Rest In Peace, Harry. An upstanding, classy gentleman. We will sorely miss you. Thank you for all of the wonderful memories and feelings of nostalgia you brought to our town. I'm sure you and Whitey had a blast yesterday calling the Phillies game in heaven.

crego

A TRUE Philadelphia Legend

Harry and Whitey are reunited having the time of their lives up in the big broadcast booth in the sky. A huge part of Philadelphia died yesterday and no one will ever be quite like the K. As Harry went "Outta Here!", I know he had "High Hopes" for this season, as we all do. Rest In Piece Harry. Your truly missed.:cry:

whendoweleave?

Well said!!!
A piece of my childhood is now gone forever. Listening to a phillies game will truly never be the same again!
I hope that your family has a public viewimg for you as they did for your partner Whitey. Im sure that the city will turn out in mass to show how much you were truly loved and will be missed.
Rest in peace I never got the privledge to meet you and yet i felt as if i have known you ALL my life!! :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE74sV746Wc

snookie5605

i still cant believe he's gone. the phillies games will never sound the same again. i remember growing up, driving home from the jersey shore and my dad having it on the radio in the car. you just put baseball and the summer together by hearing that amazing voice. i know im definitely going to be at the tribute at the park on saturday! let's get out there and show harry how much we love him and miss him!

828tnt

again, i know its not disney related, but this really ticks me off:

i decided to honor hk's memory by getting a framed personalized jersey bearing his name and the number 09 on it. mlb.com canceled my order siting it as offensive!!!

i really thought it was gonna be something nice to hang on my wall for years.....

just had to complain to someone. maybe i'm way off base, but is this really offensive?

calicommando

i decided to honor hk's memory by getting a framed personalized jersey bearing his name and the number 09 on it. mlb.com canceled my order siting it as offensive!!!

i really thought it was gonna be something nice to hang on my wall for years.....

just had to complain to someone. maybe i'm way off base, but is this really offensive?

No, It doesn't seem offensive at all to me.

But it is offensive to me that you're from PA, seemingly a Phillies fan, and a Redskins fan!?!?

DiPSU224

I don't see it as offensive, but these days everything is looked at more closely. How about the number 71 instead for the year he came to Philly. You could also do 04 (or maybe it's 03?) that he was inducted in the the HOF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom