PhilharMAGIC/Treasure Planet/Lilo & Stitch

SJTSmith

Disney always use to do a great job creating villians they were the best parts of the past Disney movies. But I don't think they have been doing it very well in the last few. I have the new movies will have well defined villians as well as well defined characters.

bearboysnc

Some say that Atlantis didn't have any lovable characters. I disagree. I thought the little latina lesbian mechanic was pretty cute, and the chain smoking old lady too.

Even the Mole man was kinda cute, in a burping an farting kind of way.

BTW, Atlantis DID turn a profit. Not the kind made by Lion King. I don't know how you'all measure success?

When I saw the trailer for the "Little Mermaid" I thought OMG, what are they doing? It was a wonderful movie.

When I saw the trailer for "Beauty and the Beast" I thought OMG this looks stupid. It was also wonderful.

When I saw the trailer for "the Emperors New Groove" I though OMG that looks funny. BOY, I was wrong.

Before I polute the internet with my opinions, I'll wait to see the movie. With the market flooded with animated features (good and bad), you won't see the kind of success Disney has had in the past. But, Disney did keep the genre alive when everyone else abandoned it. Lets not give up on them too soon.

wyattkelly

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Just to let you know, disney has hired a music group to sing for Treasure Planet. Not sure if the music will be in the movie or during the credits, but last I heard, it was the Goo Goo Dolls...

The Goo Goo Dolls? Heh, remember them playing one of the Prom nights at WDW. It was funny, Johnny Rzeznik (the lead singer) swore at me 'cause I wouldn't give him booze:lol: I was on booze patrol that day, hunting over the Magic Kingdom looking for illegal stashed alcohol, and ran into the band in the Utilidors after making my rounds. Wouldn't give up the bottle of rum I found.:drevil: Still, they're a good band. Just hope the music lives up to Iris, the song they did for "City of Angels." It's time for another popular Disney song!

2much2do

Originally posted by bearboysnc
Some say that Atlantis didn't have any lovable characters. I disagree. I thought the little latina lesbian mechanic was pretty cute, and the chain smoking old lady too.

What makes you say she was a lesbian? Just because she fixes cars? Any woman who takes on a traditionally male occupation becomes a lesbian? Does that mean you think lesbians would not hold more traditionally female jobs? What does a job have anything to do with your sexual orientation? Furthermore, why would Disney indicate a character's sexual preference unles it was part of the story? Explain yourself, as I was offended by your comment.

PS, FYI I am a straight, married mother of two, who has no problem with homosexuals, so don't go there.

dizpins14

Disney is promoting Lilo and Stitch a lot more than they are Treasure Planet, yes TP doesn't come out until a couple of months after LAS but I have seen no advertisment for TP unlike previous films where Disney releases previews almost a year before the actual release. Take for instance Monsters Inc trailer on the TS2 video. Hopefully this doesn't mean Disney is preparing TP to be a bomb maybe there is magic behind this film Disney is waiting to revel

bearboysnc

"PS, FYI I am a straight, married mother of two, who has no problem with homosexuals, so don't go there."

It was said with a note of sarcasim.

And since I am a homosexual, I can go there.

If you are offended, too bad, it's an open forum.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The thing with Films/music is it is all about taste. Too many people these days are willing to take on the opinions of critics and have developed the follow the heard mentallity. God forbid if you form your own opinion.
I liked Emporers New Groove It was as if the writers really new my daughter. I havnt watched Atlantis yet but the kids have got it, and they think its great (even the cynical 15 year old liked it). Monsters inc, great animation shame the story was aimed at the pre-schoolers. As for all the remakes Ill probably get the DVD for the girls but no way will I waste my money going to the Cinema. The only decent remake Disney has done was with the 3rd Aladin. That said Return to Neverland has caught the imagination of my youngest.
Theres 5 films on at this school holiday time aimed at kids, perhaps if they paced the release time better we may have seen a few, but the only one theyll see is likely to be ET.

MKCustodial

Guys, I got a little lost here, but lemme see...

I liked Atlantis, but didn't love it. Why? You have no time to care for characters. You just have too many of them. As for villains, yes, Disney needs to remember its past, and its magic. There are no better villains than the likes of Hook and Cruella.

As for sequels, you have to see them with an open mind, so that they can touch you. From the ones we have, I love Toy Story 2, Lady and the Tramp 2 and Return to Neverland. The last two did a WONDERFUL job of celebrating the originals with a well-crafted homage. LT 2 went for the trouble of copying a badly seen original wallpaper. As for the others, I was most of them, thought they were ok, just not enough Disney. Haven't seen Cinderella, though, But I think it was Tink who said her daughters liked it.

The last few features, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED Emperor's New Groove, it had wonderful hip comedy, just liked Hercules. I do hope Stitch makes good (but not for the expense of Alien Encounter). The teasers look good, but we can't base the movie on them.

Now, you really didn't like The Road to Eldorado? I think that, just like Shrek, it's not Disney, so we cannot compare. It's a different set of animation, aimed at adults. Have you seen the trailer for Spirit? Tell me, what kid is gonna want to see that movie? Looks beautiful, but so boring!! I love Eldorado, and love Shrek, and I pray Disney can get back on their feet and show these guys they can keep their adult audience, but kids (and eternal kids :animwink: ) are Disney's field!

And I saw someone saying this here, but I don't believe it. People don't like Aristocats and Fox and the Hound? They are classics, they are wonderful!! I really think the parks should pay more attention to those movies and other pet movies like Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom