Philharmagic Getting Some TLC

TheBeatles

Original Poster
I know some people tend to focus on things not being fixed, so I thought I'd share a tidbit about Philhar.

The fastpass hallway has been re-painted and been given a new wood trim--on the bottom of the walls--that extends through the hallway and into the fastpass side of glasses distribution.

Also, the film has been cleaned up and looks beautiful. It's crystal clear and the colors are vibrant.

muse1983

Glad to hear that the film has been cleaned up. It was very grainy and blurry when we were there 2 weeks ago.

Magenta Panther

Awesome! The film looked so blurry when I saw it last month, glad it's been fixed.

The film looked blurry when I saw it around two years ago. I thought it was my eyesight until I saw similar comments on the boards here.

I agree - I'm so glad Philharmagic has been given some TLC. It's my fave 3D movie at WDW. :sohappy:

RSoxNo1

Awesome! The film looked so blurry when I saw it last month, glad it's been fixed.

Before the stage lifts up, this show has always looked blurry. After that it's clear. I assume it's a function of smaller characters on a smaller screen. By using the larger projection area you can hide some of the blurryness.

Bolna

Before the stage lifts up, this show has always looked blurry. After that it's clear. I assume it's a function of smaller characters on a smaller screen. By using the larger projection area you can hide some of the blurryness.

Yes, I noticed that in October. But to be honest after having seen a lot of films in 3D recently at the cinema, I was seriously underwhelmed with the quality of Philharmagic. While some of it looks cute, it looked very outdated with regard to technology. Also if you compare it to the new Star Tours which is crystal clear. I used to love the 3D films at Disney, but now they just look painfully old...

RSoxNo1

Yes, I noticed that in October. But to be honest after having seen a lot of films in 3D recently at the cinema, I was seriously underwhelmed with the quality of Philharmagic. While some of it looks cute, it looked very outdated with regard to technology. Also if you compare it to the new Star Tours which is crystal clear. I used to love the 3D films at Disney, but now they just look painfully old...

As you're probably aware, Star Tours uses a different type of 3D than Philharmagic. I also noticed that if you put the Star Tours glasses on prior to the screen opening there is usually a really bad glare on the glasses. Once the cabin lights go down though it's fine and the film looks great.

Dznycrzy

While some of it looks cute, it looked very outdated with regard to technology. Also if you compare it to the new Star Tours which is crystal clear. I used to love the 3D films at Disney, but now they just look painfully old...

Totally agree!

bhg469

I agree completely and this is the newest one! I would prefer Honey I shrunk the audience over this to be honest. Its really short, the effects aren't very special and the que and pre show are really not even close to that of tough to be a bug or muppets.

Disneyfanman

I haven't seen the new Star Tours (Going in Jan!) so I can't compare, but Philharmagic has been my favorite 3-D for years. Even with the issues. I have heard from many tho that ST2 is gonna blow me away tho.

tecowdw

They desperately need to replace the carpet in both holding rooms as well. The one in the first room was atrocious the last time I was in there.

kucarachi

great news! was worried that they were changing the film! i think its the best film disney has ever made for the parks...it would be as entertaining 10 years from now barring any major advancements in technology. Some of those films at epcot like the circle of life and honey i shrunk your head are sadly not holding up as well, as i see most people avoid or not even realize what they are. Pixar could do some magic on both those attractions....i think wall-e could use his own 3d movie in the parks, and what better place than the land! just sayin.

And soarin' is not a bad movie, but i dont get why its just california when you have millions of people that dont know where any of that stuff is located without using google. Should be international style, and i think would be better suited to visit places that also have disney world. Places like china, paris, japan, so that everytime someone rides it they can ride over countries that disney parks are located.

Cosmic Commando

And soarin' is not a bad movie, but i dont get why its just california when you have millions of people that dont know where any of that stuff is located without using google. Should be international style, and i think would be better suited to visit places that also have disney world. Places like china, paris, japan, so that everytime someone rides it they can ride over countries that disney parks are located.

Creatively and technically, not easy. Which is probably why it hasn't been done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom