Phase 2 of New Disney Theme Park proposal

KentB3

Original Poster
Well, I finally have my proposal for phase 2 of my Disney theme park. Here is what I have so far:

DISNEY STUDIOS (don't have an official title yet, but this would have a different name that the Florida park:

First of all, this is an actual working Studio; with six soundstages
(eight if you count Disney Studio 1 and WWTBAM?: Play It!), a backlot, and an animation studio, plus room for expansion:

1.) Aladdin's Musical Adventures (I chose Aladdin to offer something different, since WDW had Hunchback of Notre Dame)
2.) American Film Institute Showcase (diffrerent exhibits from Disney-MGM)
3.) Animagic (similar to Animagique at DL Paris)
4.) Armageddon: Special Effects Stage
5.) Catastrophe Canyon
6.) Cinemagic (similar to Cinemagic at DL Paris)
7.) Disney Studio 1; consisting of
a.) Sound Studio: a mock sound effects studio, where guests
add sound effects to various Disney cartoons
b.) TV Zone: much like the attraction recently taken out of
Disney-MGM, where guests interact with characters on
various TV shows
8.) Fantasmic!
9.) Festival of the Lion King
10.) The Great Movie Ride (with mostly different movie scenes from the WDW attraction)
11) Harry Potter attraction/ride
12.) Hyperion Theater
13) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
14.) Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3-D
15.) Magic of Disney Animation: Since Michael Eisner's decision to terminate traditional 2-D cel animation production (a very bad decision, IMHO) the cel animation would be used for demonstration purposes, TV/Disney Channel cartoons, and an occasional 2-D cel animated short to go with Disney's feature films. The larger part of the studio building would be used for 3-D computer animation, which will be the primary product, thanks to Eisner's decision. There will also be a clay animation exhibit as well.

16.) Monster, Inc. dark ride
17.) Residential Street
18.) Star Tours
19.) Studio Tour: Behind the Scenes
20.) Television Production Tour
21.) Tron: The Ride (from an earlier proposal on this board)
22.) WWTBAM?: Play It!

PARADISE PIER:
This is a smaller section of the phase 2 park, similar to California Adventure; but with less California theming and somewhat more Disney theming:

1.) Aquatopia
2.) Benny the Cab dodgems (or bumper cars)
3.) Blowfish Balloon Race
4.) Golden Zephyr
5.) Hook's Revenge: this ride, modeled after Captain Hook's ship, swings riders backward and forward before completing a series of 360-degree rotations with continuous free falls for 33 feet per second. Similar to The Gauntlet, now Rocket Power Air Time, at Paramount's Carowinds, seen in pics at the below URL's:

http://www.carowinds.com/attractions_rides_featured.jsp?id=544023
http://www.coastertown.com/Paramount/Carowinds/OldWorld/Gauntlet01.htm

6.) Hercules' Test of Strength (similar to Maliboomer, but with a Hercules theme, where an animatronic Hercules bangs his hammer onto the platform which sends the riders to the top!)
7.) Herbie the Love Bug themed wild mouse-like coaster, silimar to CA's Muholland Madness
8.) Jumpin' Jellyfish
9.) King Neptune's Spinning Trident: Basically, this is a Disney version of the Scrambler. Like the Scrambler, this ride has three arms with four seats apiece, therefore appropirately named!
10.) King Triton's Carousel (slight differences from CA attraction; for example, where the California coast piers on the canopy's artwork is replaced by scenes from The Little Mermaid)
11.) Lilo & Stitch Surfing Coaster
12.) Midway Games
13.) Pecos Bill's Round Up (much like the amusement park fair ride, but with passengers inside ride cars; for example, much like the Scream Weaver at Carowinds-- pic in URL below)

http://www.coastertown.com/Paramount/Carowinds/Waynes/Scream03.htm

14.) River Rapids ride (unamed) similar to Kail River Rapids in AK and Grizzly River Run in CA)
15.) Scream Machine (silimar to California Screamin')
16.) Sinbad's 7 Voyages
17.) Sun Wheel (same as CA attraction)
18.) The Whirlpool: This is different from Tokyo DisneySea attraction, in which the teacup cars are replaced with Tilt-a-Whirl cars, which go faster as riders pull up the lever! The basic design and "under the sea" artwork, however, remain the same.

Parades:
Disney Stars and Motor Cars; or something similar, since this is a studio-themed park.

Well, there you have it, my first draft for my phase 2 park. Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions are welcome, since I could use the feedback! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
There are a couple of attractions I forgot to put in, so I'll just do this here:

DISNEY STUDIOS (don't have an official title yet, but this would have a different name that the Florida park:

First of all, this is an actual working Studio; with six soundstages
(eight if you count Disney Studio 1 and WWTBAM?: Play It!), a backlot, and an animation studio, plus room for expansion:

1.) Aladdin's Musical Adventures (I chose Aladdin to offer something different, since WDW had Hunchback of Notre Dame)
2.) American Film Institute Showcase (diffrerent exhibits from Disney-MGM)
3.) Animagic (similar to Animagique at DL Paris)
4.) Armageddon: Special Effects Stage
5.) Catastrophe Canyon
6.) Cinemagic (similar to Cinemagic at DL Paris)
7.) Disney Studio 1; consisting of
a.) Sound Studio: a mock sound effects studio, where guests
add sound effects to various Disney cartoons
b.) TV Zone: much like the attraction recently taken out of
Disney-MGM, where guests interact with characters on
various TV shows
8.) Earfull Tower: this is an actual water tower for the studio instead of a giant prop (Disney-MGM)
9.) Fantasmic!
10.) Festival of the Lion King
11.) The Great Movie Ride (with mostly different movie scenes from the WDW attraction)
12) Harry Potter attraction/ride
13.) Hyperion Theater
14) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
15.) Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3-D
16.) Magic of Disney Animation: Since Michael Eisner's decision to terminate traditional 2-D cel animation production (a very bad decision, IMHO) the cel animation would be used for demonstration purposes, TV/Disney Channel cartoons, and an occasional 2-D cel animated short to go with Disney's feature films. The larger part of the studio building would be used for 3-D computer animation, which will be the primary product, thanks to Eisner's decision. There will also be a clay animation exhibit as well.

17.) Monsters, Inc. dark ride
18.) Residential Street
19.) Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Courtroom: A 3-D interactive cartoon where YOU are the jury and Roger Rabbit is the judge!
20.) SPY Kids 3-D Adventure
21.) Star Tours
22.) Studio Tour: Behind the Scenes
23.) Television Production Tour
24.) Tron: The Ride (from an earlier proposal on this board)
25.) WWTBAM?: Play It!

PARADISE PIER:
This is a smaller section of the phase 2 park, similar to California Adventure; but with less California theming and somewhat more Disney theming:

1.) Aquatopia
2.) Benny the Cab dodgems (or bumper cars)
3.) Blowfish Balloon Race
4.) Golden Zephyr
5.) Herbie the Love Bug themed wild mouse-like coaster, smiliar to California Adventure's Muholland Madness
6.) Hercules' Test of Strengh (similar to Mailboomer, but with a Hercules theme, where an animatronic Hercules bangs his hammer onto the platform, sending the riders to the bell on top!)
7.) Hook's Revenge: this ride, modeled after Captain Hook's ship, swings riders backward and forward before completing a series of 360-degree rotations with continuous free falls for 33 feet per second. Similar to The Gauntlet, now Rocket Power Air Time, at Paramount's Carowinds, seen in pics at the below URL's:

http://www.carowinds.com/attractions_rides_featured.jsp?id=544023
http://www.coastertown.com/Paramount/Carowinds/OldWorld/Gauntlet01.htm

8.) Jumpin' Jellyfish
9.) King Neptune's Spinning Trident: Basically, this is a Disney version of the Scrambler. Like the Scrambler, this ride has three arms with four seats apiece, therefore appropirately named!
10.) King Triton's Carousel (slight differences from CA attraction; for example, where the California coast piers on the canopy's artwork is replaced by scenes from The Little Mermaid)
11.) Lilo & Stitch Surfing Coaster
12.) Midway Games
13.) Paradise Pier Sky Tower (may use another name): This is a 300+ foot tall observation tower, which gives riders a panoramic view of the park from a great height!
14.) Pecos Bill's Round Up (much like the amusement park fair ride, but with passengers inside ride cars; for example, much like the Scream Weaver at Carowinds-- pic in URL below)

http://www.coastertown.com/Paramount/Carowinds/Waynes/Scream03.htm

15.) River Rapids ride (unamed) similar to Kail River Rapids in AK and Grizzly River Run in CA)
16.) Scream Machine (silimar to California Screamin')
17.) Sinbad's 7 Voyages
18.) Sun Wheel (same as CA attraction)
19.) The Whirlpool: This is different from Tokyo DisneySea attraction, in which the teacup cars are replaced with Tilt-a-Whirl cars, which go faster as riders pull up the lever! The basic design and "under the sea" artwork, however, remain the same.

Parades:
Disney Stars and Motor Cars; or something similar, since this is a studio-themed park. Probably will be the silimar to Disney-MGM's parade, with a few minor differences. I was considering using Hollywood-based musical tunes for the parade, such as "Hooray For Hollywood" and "That's Entertainment", for example.

Well, there you have it, my first draft for my phase 2 park. Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions are welcome, since I could use the feedback! :)

imagineer boy

You hardly have any original ideas. Just ideas from other Disney studios theme parks. I don't see what Paradise Peir has to do with the studios theme, and the roller coaster has nothing to do with it. I suggest that you visit the "How to make an idea" thread.

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
You hardly have any original ideas. Just ideas from other Disney studios theme parks. I don't see what Paradise Peir has to do with the studios theme, and the roller coaster has nothing to do with it. I suggest that you visit the "How to make an idea" thread.

Actually, I have lots of original ideas, even though some of them have appeared on this forum earlier. BTW, all of the Disney theme parks (Orlando, Anaheim, Tokyo, Paris) for the most park have basically the same attractions, if you ever got a chance to compare the parks side by side.

BTW, I have only heard from one person on this board so far, and I need much more feedback, so is there anyone else on this board who cares to comment?

imagineer boy

Originally posted by KentB3
Actually, I have lots of original ideas, even though some of them have appeared on this forum earlier. BTW, all of the Disney theme parks (Orlando, Anaheim, Tokyo, Paris) for the most park have basically the same attractions, if you ever got a chance to compare the parks side by side.

What I meant was attractions that only YOU have come up with in stead of rides from other parks and ideas already posted on the forums.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Where is the Auto Stunt Show? I think that this should be in place of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Also the Indiana Jones Adventure ride should be there.

I also do not like the idea of Paradise Pier in a studios-themed park. I think it could actually be better as something of the DisneyQuest sort,since it doesnt actually feel like a theme park but a beach fair type. It wouldnt be the place to spend a whole day at. The admission price would be a bit larger than DQ's. This would definitely work.

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Where is the Auto Stunt Show? I think that this should be in place of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Also the Indiana Jones Adventure ride should be there.

I'm not to familiar with the Auto Stunt Show-- where do they have this? Although I've never been there to see it in person, from what I've seen on TV and in videos, the Indian Jones Stunt Show is a great show-- IMHO one of the best at WDW and all of the Disney parks, and is also Studio themed.

I also do not like the idea of Paradise Pier in a studios-themed park. I think it could actually be better as something of the DisneyQuest sort,since it doesnt actually feel like a theme park but a beach fair type. It wouldnt be the place to spend a whole day at. The admission price would be a bit larger than DQ's. This would definitely work.

Actually California Adventure in DL Anaheim does have Hollywood Pictures studios, although used only for demonstration purposes and is much smaller than Disney-MGM. As for Paradise Pier, I wanted to include a section that includes thrill rides that would be too intense for the Magic Kingdom, along with other amusement park-type rides to fill out the section. Also, DisneyQuest is more like a huge indoor video game arcade in Downtown Disney as opposed to a true amusement park. Therefore, I was creating a park similar to CA on a larger scale.

As for the similar attractions to WDW, the vast majority of attractions at DL Anaheim and other Disney parks are basically the same attractions found at WDW, some of which have slight differences. Therefore, I was only trying to be realistic!

BTW, thanks for your input! I still need more input, so feel free to post if you have any ideas! :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Well Kent,the Auto Stunt Show is a new stunt show using-what else-cars doing stunts. It is a copy from Walt Disney Studios in Paris. It is one spectacular show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom