Pharmacy

71jason

Original Poster
Made my way to Pharmacy last night, the "speakeasy" bar/restaurant in Dellagio on Sand Lake Road.

In keeping with the theme, there's no signage--you enter through a door cleverly designed to look like a nondescript elevator. Inside there are a lot of vintage (probably faux vintage) mirrors, a metal bar, and 1920s music--reminded me of the background loop at the Adventurers Club.

The emphasis is on specialty craft cocktails made with small batch liquors. Honestly the only bottle I recognized behind the bar was Blantons. The bartenders also use various "tinctures" and house-made syrups and sodas. The RJ--made with creme de violet--was quite good, almost like drinking a lei. But my favorite was the "house soda," essentially a Manhattan carbonated every morning then served in a soda bottle. Drinks aren't cheap by Orlando standards--the specialties are $12 each--but you can see the amount of work that goes into making them. There is also a food menu--far more tables in here than I expected, the bar itself is surprisingly small--but we were drinking, not eating. The place was packed for a Tuesday evening, as well, tho surprisingly that seemed true of all of Dellagio.

Definitely worth a visit if you want to try something different. Pretty much an ideal "date place" as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom