pets

wdwrules

when we go to wdw its usually just my wife, myself and my little sister. this year my parents decided they want to come along for the first time. their one of those that think if your over the age of 5 there wouldnt be anything interesting or fun for you to do but thats a different thread i guess so dont get me started on that. but anyway, they always watched our dog. i dont want to leave it at a kennel for 10 days so wondering if there are any onsite hotels or hotels close to disney thatll let us bring our dog. any info appreciated:D

The Mom

Premium Member
As far as I know, Disney does not allow any non-service animals into their hotels. They do have a kennel on site. I don't know if their are any hotels/motels off-site that allow animals. You might want to check your local library/bookstore for a guide to traveling with animals.

Upvote 0

Worldphile

I believe that Fort Wilderness (the campground) allows pets.

Other than that, I know there is a daily kennel by the TTC, and I think there is a kennel at each of the other parks (but I could be wrong on that.)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The only resort on Disney that allows pets is Fort Wilderness. There are 5 kennels located on property too. There is one at the TTC, Epcot Entrance, Studios Entrance, Animal Kingdom Entrance, and Fort Wilderness. Each one costs about 9 dollars a day for guests staying at a WDW resort and 11 dollars a day if you are staying off property. You must visit your dog 2 times a day to walk it.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by wdwrules
...I dont want to leave (our dog) at a kennel for 10 days so wondering if there are any onsite hotels or hotels close to Disney thatll let us bring our dog...

No onsite resorts (including... I think... Ft. Wilderness) accomodate pets. However, many nearby resorts do. Surf on over to petsonthego.com where you can search by city/town. Lots of good information there.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Fort Wilderness allows pets on certain campgrounds. But they have a lot of restrictions. The other resorts do not allow animals unless they are service animals.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

Yes, certain campsites at Fort Wilderness do allow dogs, but they must be leashed at all times when outside your motor home. They are not allowed in the Wilderness Cabins or Wilderness Homes.

I know that off-site hotels do permit pets, because a friend of mine never travels without her dog and she bought a book from our local bookstore that featured pet-friendly hotels in the U.S.

Maybe a good friend could watch your dog and you could just pay them a small fee or bring them back a gift. That is what we do with our dogs. I have a friend and we kinda swap off pet-sitting services and always bring back gifts for thank yous.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom