Pete's Silly Sideshow???

IlikeDW

There have been indications that Silly Sideshow might not open until early 2013.
Below is from Disneyparks Blog(also look at the Maurices cottage pictures, I had not seen those before)
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...age-at-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

It is interesting that the Non Dumbo Circus tent area is not mentioned anywhere
*Many of you asked, in the comments section of last week’s post, about openings. Here’s the most updated info we have at this time:
Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.
Look below for more “All in the Details” from Walt Disney Imagineering:

DisDadEddie

It would have been nice to see one entire section completed and opened. I think the Storybook Circus should have been fully completed, not one section opening at a time. Especially with the vacation crowds headed down this summer.They should have concentrated on finishing Storybook Circus then started the Minecar Coaster since it won't be opening until 2014.

i am so excited for the new fantasy land. i am going in end of sept beginning of oct but i think ariel and be our guest resturant has a very vague opening date. i know holidays but why wouldnt they said thanksgiviing. its so vague. is there a possability sooner and they are just saying that?

bubbles1812

i am so excited for the new fantasy land. i am going in end of sept beginning of oct but i think ariel and be our guest resturant has a very vague opening date. i know holidays but why wouldnt they said thanksgiviing. its so vague. is there a possability sooner and they are just saying that?
I think they are using "holidays 2012" to give themselves as much lee way as possible. As @asianway mentioned, the Silly Sideshow may not open til 2013...that just goes to show you how freaking slow they are when it comes to constructing things. Look at the Mine Train..that it's going to take basically 2 or 3 years to build one kiddie roller coaster is pretty darn pathetic.

I would highly highly doubt it's open before Thanksgiving and even Thanksgiving might not happen. It could be Christmas before things open (something I could very much see) though I'm guessing Thanksgiving is their goal.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think they are using "holidays 2012" to give themselves as much lee way as possible. As @asianway mentioned, the Silly Sideshow may not open til 2013...that just goes to show you how freaking slow they are when it comes to constructing things. Look at the Mine Train..that it's going to take basically 2 or 3 years to build one kiddie roller coaster is pretty darn pathetic.

I would highly highly doubt it's open before Thanksgiving and even Thanksgiving might not happen. It could be Christmas before things open (something I could very much see) though I'm guessing Thanksgiving is their goal.

I don't see 2 years as being unreasonable for the Mine Ride. It may be a kiddie coaster, but unlike Barnstormer/Goofini this is going to be a heavily themed coaster, and based on the concept art it won't even look like a roller coaster when it's done. So think Barnstormer with Big Thunder Mountain level of themeing. Also, this is a new ride system so I assume there is a relatively long test and adjust phase built into that timeline.

Dan

WDWisAMAZING22

Wouldn't it be great if it were Pete, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, and maybe even Oswald. I'd also love to see Black and White Mickey and Minnie.

I would be so happy if they had a meet and greet. I also don't understand why Mickey and his pals are the whole reason behind Disney and there is not one ride in Disney World surrounding them.

bubbles1812

I don't see 2 years as being unreasonable for the Mine Ride. It may be a kiddie coaster, but unlike Barnstormer/Goofini this is going to be a heavily themed coaster, and based on the concept art it won't even look like a roller coaster when it's done. So think Barnstormer with Big Thunder Mountain level of themeing. Also, this is a new ride system so I assume there is a relatively long test and adjust phase built into that timeline.

Dan
I see your point. And I will grant you that it is going to be heavily themed with a bit more advanced ride system. However, they just seem incredibly slow when it comes to building. If it really takes til 2013 for Pete's Silly Sideshow to open...I mean that's just re-theming at tent. I think that is where I get frustrated.

Yzma

Pete's Sillyside Show is a Circus themed Meet and Greet with Donald, Goofy, Minnie and Daisy - this isn't a secret.

It's opening in the fall.

tl77

I remember in the early day of Birthdayland/Starland the big tent had a little stage show inside, I remember seeing some show with Darkwing Duck and the "Disney Afternoon" characters, Any chance Pete's Silly Sideshow would be that type of thing?

asianway

I remember in the early day of Birthdayland/Starland the big tent had a little stage show inside, I remember seeing some show with Darkwing Duck and the "Disney Afternoon" characters, Any chance Pete's Silly Sideshow would be that type of thing?

No those days are long gone. Melissa needs to go...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom