Peter Pan's Flight vs E.T. Adventure

Better ride?

• Total voters

OG Runner

I voted for Peter Pan mainly since the ride is the movie. E.T. throws in parts of his home planet, though cute, nothing I have related to.
Overall though they are a very similar ride system and if you like one you are sure to like the other.

celluloid

Peter Pan in its prime would be closer.

ET Adventure, the queue, duration, animatronics, cute gift shop and a comfortable capacity machine give it the edge for me.

Animaniac93-98

I voted for ET, but let's be honest, I think everyone would like the ride even more if the whole thing was like the beginning run through the forest and the flying part.

IMO both rides are better before they get to their respective fantasy lands.

Of late I'm finding myself enjoying the more quiet, atmospheric portions of rides more than the busier show scenes. It takes a lot of talent to create something like the [Disneyland] Pirates of the Caribbean caves that's engaging, despite having minimal effects.

jonnyc

Love E.T - in particular the forest theming is really immersive (both in the ride and the queue). I think if you updated the initial pre-show video and passport gimmick, then the attraction would appear less dated (and if we took Señor Spielbergo out of the picture, I always thought this attraction could be converted to a cool Stranger Things themed ride).

The dated look of Peter Pan is probably what gives it it's nostalgic appeal - but being a 10 year old boy when first riding, the appeal was a bit lost on me!

OG Runner

One of the things that attracts me to Peter Pan is so much that it is "dated", but it is like going through the movie.

celluloid

Even though it does not work at all right now as the pandemic took away the name typist role, I am still maintaining that that tech still does the impact better than what MDE interactive promise never really delivered.

Casper Gutman

I voted for ET, but let's be honest, I think everyone would like the ride even more if the whole thing was like the beginning run through the forest and the flying part.
Noooooooo!!! I never liked the film ET, but I love both halves of the ride, especially the bonkers, completely absurd but absolutely canonincal and Spielberg-approved home planet. I wish they offered merch of those weird guys - they're just the kind of nutty you want from a dark ride sometimes! They're slightly off-putting without being truly unpleasant, unlike the genuinely disturbing Navi in River Journey.

Pan has a much better "flying over the city" section, and I love that, but the entire ride is carried by that one scene. ET offers more, varied pleasures.

JoeCamel

Noooooooo!!! I never liked the film ET, but I love both halves of the ride, especially the bonkers, completely absurd but absolutely canonincal and Spielberg-approved home planet. I wish they offered merch of those weird guys - they're just the kind of nutty you want from a dark ride sometimes! They're slightly off-putting without being truly unpleasant, unlike the genuinely disturbing Navi in River Journey.

Pan has a much better "flying over the city" section, and I love that, but the entire ride is carried by that one scene. ET offers more, varied pleasures.
ET. I like to pretend I'm back in the 60's for the back half. If that isn't an acid inspired planet I'll go ride pan.

Magical Maddie

Never been on E.T. and never really watched the entire E.T. movie. Don't kill me. I am only 14 years old and the whole concept of an Alien coming to earth and living with a kid is kind of weird. So it is Peter Pan for me. I have seen not only the Disney animated version of Peter Pan and also many other Peter Pan stories.

JoeCamel

Never been on E.T. and never really watched the entire E.T. movie. Don't kill me. I am only 14 years old and the whole concept of an Alien coming to earth and living with a kid is kind of weird. So it is Peter Pan for me. I have seen not only the Disney animated version of Peter Pan and also many other Peter Pan stories.
Find it and watch, Steven went for sweet but there are underlying environmental themes, it works on enough levels to be amazing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom