Peter Pan's Flight & Pooh que

build_it

Original Poster
I just returned from WDW on Sunday and thought I would share an observation regarding Peter Pan's Flight & the Pooh Que.

The que at Peter Pan never seemed to move fast. Period. Wait time listed - 25 minutes. Wait time in reality - 40 minutes.

After standing in the stand-by line, I understood why people had fast passed this ride. With so much time on our hands, we noticed that the CMs always moved the fast pass people in, even if they just walked up. I know the standby line is supposed to wait, but other rides, it seemed more of an even distribution between fast passes and stand-by.

Has anyone else tried to ride this without fast pass lately and had the same experience?

From what I've read on here, it sounds like this ride might get a revised que soon, more in the liking of the Pooh que. That would help. At least the wait would be fun!

We waited in the Pooh stand-by que and enjoyed it. Really loved the honey touch screens. If they can do this to PPF It would be a much better experience.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pan's main problem is a low guest capacity. IASW, Pooh and Snow White handle far more guests per hour resulting in shorter lines. If we go on Pan, or anything in Fantasyland for that matter, we will do it immediately after the park opens. Otherwise we will typically skip it.

hpyhnt 1000

High popularity, low capacity, rather inefficient load procedure, and Fastpass all combine to make for one slow moving stand-by line. Its just one of the facts of life at the Magic Kingdom. :shrug:

ddbowdoin

High popularity, low capacity, rather inefficient load procedure, and Fastpass all combine to make for one slow moving stand-by line. Its just one of the facts of life at the Magic Kingdom. :shrug:

pretty much nailed the hammer on the head there!

I agree with previous posters, its a first thing or late night ride for us... the 45min que is not happening (at least for us)

Scuttle

Pan's main problem is a low guest capacity. IASW, Pooh and Snow White handle far more guests per hour resulting in shorter lines. If we go on Pan, or anything in Fantasyland for that matter, we will do it immediately after the park opens. Otherwise we will typically skip it.

That's not really true. Pan has Pooh by almost 200 more an hour from what I have read. I thought the same thing forever, but apparently PP can move more people per hour then Pooh can.

dreamfinder

One thing to remember about any posted wait time, thats what it was that long ago. So if it says 25 minutes, that means that the last card they scanned to update the time, took 25 minutes to pass through the queue. So a perfect example of this would be during a parade. Someone who entered during the parade could get through the queue in 25 minutes. But once the parade is over, 10,000 people now rush to rides, so suddenly the line grows, and the posted time won't immediately reflect that change. As those people start to get to the front of the line, then the time will show that it took them 40 minutes. But after that it may settle back down to 25 minutes once the crowds even out and disperse.

That said, Peter Pan does always seem to take longer for whatever reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom