Perrey and Kingsley are going be getting some fresh royalty checks next year..

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I don’t know what the old discussions were, but wouldn’t it be far cheaper to replace problematic floats with other, more 2020 IP than to choreograph, soundtrack, and build out a whole new parade?

Surferboy567

I don’t know what the old discussions were, but wouldn’t it be far cheaper to replace problematic floats with other, more 2020 IP than to choreograph, soundtrack, and build out a whole new parade?

That costs them more then they probably would be willing to spend.

999th Happy Haunt

6E02887E-E068-4599-B7BC-F4DC0364FE88.jpeg

rodserling27

Excellent thread title!!

If MSEP is to return, it should do so bigger and badder than ever. Dream Lights style. Not the taped-together original ‘72 version with the 2001 soundtrack, pretending to be something it’s not. Either that, or bring back the ORIGINAL music with those old floats...much more infectious and classic. However, I love it in all of its forms and would be good to see SOMETHING at MK. (Have we ever confirmed what the heck happened to WDW’s original MSEP after it went to France? It went to Hong Kong and then what?? Destroyed?)

PTN, however, can be driven directly off a cliff and I wouldn’t miss it. A 30 minute pounding musical headache that tries too hard with cold, impersonal floats. SpectroMagic and MSEP both beat it by a country mile.

Speaking of Perry & Kingsley, they actually had no clue that Disney had bought rights to use the song for MSEP until Gershon Kingsley visited WDW in the 80’s and he heard it being used for the parade. Imagine his shock when he heard his own composition accompanying the parade!

Touchdown

Would love if they gave the Spectomen their balls back and created a grand finale float similar to Specto with some other properties to hold Minnie, Donald, Goofy and a bunch of others before closing with Mickey’s float as a tribute to Spectro and give PTN a better finale.

DoleWhipDrea

I seriously don’t understand the snottiness towards Paint the Night on these forums, or the Main Street Electrical Parade for that matter. Both are fun parades that people enjoy watching. PTN is excellent and gets crowds excited. Every time I saw it run at Disneyland, the entire crowd was singing along to the music. That’s the kind of joy that, frankly, visitors are desperately going to need when parades are able to safely return to the parks.

When was the last time WDW actually got something truly “new”? I understand being frustrated about it (and rightfully so), but we’re here now, budgets are being slashed and projects cut, so yes, we’re lucky they’re even considering bringing in a mothballed nighttime parade.

I do hope it’s PTN, and I imagine they would make a few modifications for a run at Magic Kingdom. Most of the parade that fits well with MK. The Cars segment (and, I’m hoping, the Monsters Inc. section) can easily be replaced with something more current and/or celebrating the history of the park.

Animaniac93-98

I seriously don’t understand the snottiness towards Paint the Night on these forums, or the Main Street Electrical Parade for that matter.

I think people are tired of the gimmick of the parade going away/coming back that has been happening for almost 25 years now.

Also people know Disney can do better than bringing back a parade from the 70s and would prefer something new.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think people are tired of the gimmick of the parade going away/coming back that has been happening for almost 25 years now.

Also people know Disney can do better than bringing back a parade from the 70s and would prefer something new.
Yes and I’m sure that Foo Fighters feel they’re doing their best work ever right now but if I go see them in concert I want to hear Best of You and Learn to Fly.

They bring it back because people love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom