Perrey and Kingsley are going be getting some fresh royalty checks next year..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Won’t be full checks from what I am understanding, but partial checks at least. Makes me happy.

Ugh. So trite. So repetitive. So thin and tinny. It represents the worst of electronica.

I don't suppose it'd be re-orchestrated with a soundscape that is... good?

At least it won't be for the whole parade.

doctornick

We'll see, but shipping PTN from DL to WDW would probably be the "biggest" thing the company would be willing to pay for at this point in time for the 50th. It's at least plausible.

Was DL even using PTN when it closed due to COVID?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
We'll see, but shipping PTN from DL to WDW would probably be the "biggest" thing the company would be willing to pay for at this point in time for the 50th. It's at least plausible.

Was DL even using PTN when it closed due to COVID?
No.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Composers of Baroque Hoedown, the repetitive electronic music of Main Street Parade.

It was partially used in Hong Kong's Paint the Night parade.

Which is the big hint here. ;)
Idk bringing PTN to WDW sounds fantastic to me. I mean we’re definitely not getting anything new, and PTN is a solid parade. When can I see it again?

doctornick

MSEP's music was all Baroque Hoedown. The OP is hinting it will only be in part of parade, which is what Hong Kong's version of PtN does.

And DL's version of PTN... unless I'm missing something. Don't both versions of PTN use the same music more or less?

The main theme for PTN is basically a combo of "When Can We Do This Again" from Wreck It Ralph and Baroque Hoedown.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't both versions of PTN use the same music more or less?

You're right. I was going by the Wiki article for the authors which mentioned HK but not DL.

Now, should we interpret "fresh royalty checks" to mean that the parade will be cloned for WDW rather than moved from DL?

doctornick

Love me some MSEP, but this thing needs to die already.

I take the "partial checks" to be a reference to Paint The Night since the song is only part of the main theme. But I could be wrong.

Now, should we interpret "fresh royalty checks" to mean that the parade will be cloned for WDW rather than moved from DL?

I definitely don't see them building yet another version of the same parade. Especially if DL's isn't even being used right now. Whenever they reopen at least the park will still have Magic Happens as a relatively new offering since it didn't run for long. And MSEP is still kicking around if they wanted it for a light parade.

In terms of "fresh" royalties - wouldn't they only get royalties if the music is actively being used in performances (i.e. the parade being run)? So if PTN hasn't been running, then they aren't getting $$$ but would if the parade starts running again, even in a different location. At least that's how I think it would work.

Disneyson

Would have been beyond disappointed if this was before COVID - It, to me, seems like a parade designed for a smaller park with intimate streets (HKDL, DCA) and, in my opinion, doesn’t have the big WDW “this float competes with the castle in photographs” energy that SpectroMagic’s Cherabog or Finale series had, nor nearly every float in FoF...

...but now, in the circumstances, I’m just sort of shrugging and glad they’re doing anything at all. It’s a truly great parade. Just not what I thought.

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
tenor.gif

Touchdown

1. I’m really glad some parade is happening.

2. Unlike others, I really like PTN, it’s a fantastic parade.

3. The energy it gives the crowd, is infectious; it’s a “Disney Rave” in the best way.

4. It does not at all fit the Magic Kingdom which has always presented itself as regal and bordering on pretentious (it’s longest running light parade was a waltz.). However, personally I think PTN is a much better option then MSEP.

How are they going to modify Mack, or are they going to replace him?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom