Performing experiments on the Tower of Terror

Phonedave

What exactly would be the recourse? Considering the fact that there are no signs (that I've ever noticed anyway) clearly telling people this sort of activity is prohibited, it seems hard to imagine Disney punishing people for doing it.

There are no signs saying "Don't take your pants off and swim in the fountains" either.

It's called common sense.

-dave

WishIwasThere

you know, it might sound cheezy, but i like to experiment with this too..but safely...i try to make my body go perfectly slack and just let my arms and legs kind of "float"...eh...maybe its all in my head that it works, but it was made for some funny pictures! and nobody gets hurt...haven't lost an arm or a leg yet. :p

That is because there are limits to the deceleration rate that Otis puts into the motors. If it were to stop instantaneously, people would get injured.

agent86

There are no signs saying "Don't take your pants off and swim in the fountains" either.

The problem with this as an example is I'm not aware of anyone having done that, are you? In contrast, the coin "experiment" IS something that people tend to do a lot (as stated multiple times in this very thread).

It's called common sense.

I'm curious why you think that would be "common sense". I disagree wholeheartedly. I highly doubt the average guest is going to realize there is anything wrong with doing the coin experiment. Consequently, I find it difficult to imagine anyone facing any serious repercussions for doing it.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
The problem with this as an example is I'm not aware of anyone having done that, are you? In contrast, the coin "experiment" IS something that people tend to do a lot (as stated multiple times in this very thread).

I'm curious why you think that would be "common sense". I disagree wholeheartedly. I highly doubt the average guest is going to realize there is anything wrong with doing the coin experiment. Consequently, I find it difficult to imagine anyone facing any serious repercussions for doing it.

We all have broke a little rule once out of curiosity as kids out of curiosity. Now if a teenager or older screams and curses all the way thru spaceship earth or during a show maybe makes a negative disruption in the parks thats a good way to get kicked out and I hope they are on top of that I would think they are. Cursing around kids is wrong in every way if there is no extreme situation. You have to have respect to keep your surroundings in top notch condition for others and yourself. I see kids in the rock beds at the imagination fountains putting rocks on top of the leaping fountains. If I worked there I would talk to the parents or talk calmly eye to the kids but then these days that would be a crime and the parents would make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom