Performer Jobs

disneyidol

Original Poster
I was contemplating auditioning as a performer for the holiday season. In addition to that I've always wanted to work as a performer for Disney.

I was wondering if anyone knew how hard it was to get hired as a performer, what they generally look for and what kind of contracts they offer for performers (i.e. AEA/Non-AEA, etc.). I also wanted to know if it's really worth it for me to audition if the competition is really fierce.

I was also wondering what kind of living conditions their are for performers and/or Walt Disney World employees in general?

If anyone could answer any or all of these questions it would be greatly appreciated. :animwink:

barnum42

There should be a section of the official Disney World Website that lists the various shows and roles therein.

As with any performing job, competition will indeed be fierce. To be brutally honest - if you can't face tough competition and the prospect of being let down , the performing world is one that you are better leaving alone.

If on the other hand you have the desire to go for it despite all that - I wish you the best.

disneyidol

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
There should be a section of the official Disney World Website that lists the various shows and roles therein.

As with any performing job, competition will indeed be fierce. To be brutally honest - if you can't face tough competition and the prospect of being let down , the performing world is one that you are better leaving alone.

If on the other hand you have the desire to go for it despite all that - I wish you the best.

Well, I know that with all performing jobs the competition is fierce, I've been doing this for a long time, but my question was more of for how big the competition is with contracts, and if there were any performers on the inside that could give me a perspective because I've heard various rumors about different things.

barnum42

disneyidol said:
Well, I know that with all performing jobs the competition is fierce, I've been doing this for a long time, but my question was more of for how big the competition is with contracts, and if there were any performers on the inside that could give me a perspective because I've heard various rumors about different things.
In which case you'll know what to expect from open calls. From what I gather, some roles are equity based and paid accordingly whilst others come under the "Entertainment" division where they get paid minimum wage.

Blizz

Walt Disney Entertainment casts anything from a musical act for the parks to playing Belle on the Disney Wonder Cruise Ship. They also cast roles like the Mickey that performs in Fantasmic because of the lift system used to move him.

Auditions are held weekly/bi-monthly/seasonally depending on the role in Central Florida. Interested candidates should contact the Disney Jobline at (407) 828-1000 to schedule an interview. Qualified candidates will be invited to attend an audition.

While there are some auditions in NYC and Chicago at times, most are held at the Disney's Animal Kingdom Rehearsal Facility on Sherberth Road.

Here is a site will all audition requirements: http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/disneyworld/requirements.html

Like any equity gig, its not easy to get and it takes some work, but for WDW/DCL it is worth it. I have friends who were performers and they loved it.

Disney Entertainment is always in need of performers so, give it a shot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom