People with APs

MojoMax

We live about 3 hrs away from WDW and we have the AP. We generally go about 6 times a year for little quick weekend trips of 2 nites. We go up Friday nite and come home on Sunday nite. We get good use out of them and figure they are paid for well enough. We also take the opportunity to get the discounts on rooms from them or Florida resident. We have done this several years now...hmmm wonder why we are not bored there now? :lookaroun :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I admit to being completely bored out of my mind at WDW. That's usually when they suddenly announce a new project or something interesting happens or opens unexpectedly. Then i'm happy again. I think someone in charge of keeping WDW fresh is on the same mental schedule as me.

Sloan

not often enough

I live a little more than three hours away from the World, and I've been getting AP's for many years now - some years, I've made it up 6 or 7 times, some years, only twice. Even the years where there have only been a couple of visits it has still been a good deal because of the great discounts on the resorts - usually AKL. I'm afraid that this year will be another one with just two trips on the AP :(

daguru

Guess that means my wife and I are in the minority, we live in Seminol Co and usually go twice a month. Some times we go more, some times we go less... so I guess it averages out to twice a month, it just depends...

It also depends on what time of the year it is...
Spring, close to our average, every other weekend (twice a month)
Summer, we have to be forced at gun point (except the water parks)...
Fall & Winter, smaller crowds and cooler weather means we are there almost every weekend (except second week of Dec through New Years)...

My wife can't go a month without going... :)

napnet

Were about 4 hours away and make 2 big trips a year (4+ days at once). Also, my wife's family is in Melbourne (hour away) so we also make about 5-6 half day trips where we will stop by WDW on our way home for like 4-6 hours. The AP is well worth it for us in that regards.

psifreek27

I went last september (for free dining!) and bought a florida resident 3 day play, then for about 80 bucks more I could upgrade to a Seasonal Fla Res Pass, so i went ahead and did. I didnt end up going back till January, when i went with a huge group of my friends and we all had working seasonals. Then i went back again just recently as about 2 weeks ago for a weekend trip...

My seasonal will be going into Blackout for the summer in june and i probably wont be making a trip before then, but as of right now im planning a 5 day/4 night in September before my Seasonal Expires for free dining. Honestly those were a very well spent 80 dollars. Im even gonna renew in september when it expires. Having passes at disney and goin only maybe 1 -2 more already pays off whatever u spent initially.

MissM

I live over in Tampa. Takes me around 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes to get over to WDW. We're seasonal AP holders. Our car is pretty crap so it limits how often we can go. (Normally, when we do go, we go with a friend who's also a seasonal AP holder.) It averages out about once a month or so, pending. We were there March 17th, then before that (ironically) February 17th for Love's birthday, and before that January 14th. So it tends to be one Saturday a month.

We don't ever stay over - fun as that would be - simply because it's very hard to justify the cost when we live so close. That and the poor kitties would freak if we didn't come back. :animwink:

We've gone for things like xmas eve and nye in the past just to experience it but with the seasonal, we're on blackout during those times and that's ok. My AP actually runs out next month just after my birthday and I'm really bummed because I just don't have the $400ish bucks to renew it between then and now. I'm going to really miss it. (Not that we go in the summer even if we weren't blacked out, but still...sucks when you have to give up that kind of access.) We had seasonals a few years ago and went just about every other weekend. (Our car was in better shape then.)

If we lived closer, we might hop out there more often for things like lunch or dinner, but as it is, we do enjoy the benefit of eh, who cares if we get there at 1pm? because we're passholders. Don't feel like getting up early? No biggie. Get there and get tired? No worries, we can come back.
-m

Blonde Princess

My family has annual passes. We travel to Disney from New Jersey about once every five weeks. We take two ten day trips each year and the rest are usualy four or five day trips. The AP is definitely worth it! The discounts it provides are great.:ROFLOL:

MotoDisney

We have AP's and it's all in the timing of the trips. On this AP we'll go three times. Once in Late September, then in December and finally the end of next August or beginning of September. We go for a week at a time as we must fly from Massachusetts.

C&D

From S.C. here, about 7 hours away. We get the AP and mostly get two visits per year usually six days each. If our scheduling is perfect we sometimes sweeze a third visit just before it expires.

bayoutinkbelle

I'm in central Louisiana and both my son and I have APs. We go each summer for two weeks and the APs more than pay for themselves during that trip. I always go back with a group of friends in October (HHN and Disney) for a week.

And, in what's looking to become a yearly tradition, I went this past January for three days after a cruise (not Disney, a Barenaked Ladies chartered cruise). That's happening again in late January-early February, so we definitely will be stopping at Disney for a quick weekend visit on our way back home.

I'm about 12 hours away by car, so it's unlikely that I'm going to decide to go on the spur of the moment. I view the AP as a smart buy for my summer trips and I'd probably buy them even if I wasn't going back again during the rest of the AP's year.

Of course, having it always gives one an excuse to plan Florida excursions. :D

raven

I live in Michigan and baught an AP. The reason for this is that we went for 8 days in September knowing that in May we would be back for another 5 days. It was cheaper to get an AP than it was to buy another pass when we come back. :wave:

drdoom1001

I'm in Miami and I go to Disney and the other Florida parks an average of once every 2-3 weeks .I'll say average cause maybe in the summer I'll go once in 2 months,but then there's times in the year that I'm there 3 times in a month!!I'm talking about 1-3 day trips, many times I'll get up at 4:30-5 am drive up there,spend the days at the park to make it home around 1-2 am!!

joshwill

I've read a thread about going to WDW too much. Well, it seems like people who have APs go much less than I thought they did!

For some reason, I pictured Florida Residents with APs living within an hour of the park or so would be going 2 times a month or something, but they only seem to go a few more times a year than someone from say New Jersey would go.

So how often DO people with APs usually go? This is very interesting...

i have a florida resident seasonal pass, had one for the last 7 years. i go on average 3-4 times a year.

also have a pleasure island AP. cant miss a night at the adventurers club :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom