People who STILL don't know how to use Fastpass....

barnebd5

Original Poster
I'm sure we've all had this experience where you're running through the Fastpass line and the guests in stand-by are just giving you the dirtiest looks they could give you. All that time in your head you're going "You know that anybody could get a Fastpass right?". I've actually seen arguments between both sides while the Fastpass line is being held up for a second. Most of the time the stand-by line is in the wrong just because they don't know how to get Fastpasses. Here's a direct quote "Oh so you think you're special because you have that pass?" and my response would NO I don't because I know you could get one just as easily as I got mine. :ROFLOL: love watching the 'clueless guests" at work especially the ones that are sooo sure they're right but you know they're dead wrong, but anyway I'm starting to ramble now lol.

one side note to....my favorite is when they call it "Fast-Track" HAHAHA :ROFLOL:

Have fun with this one fellow fans,

--Dan

jonnyc

On some rides it is acceptable to give those dirty looks. These rides would be ones that would work better without Fastpass such as Buzz.

Scooter

I have no problem with Fast Pass with one exception.
The Winnie The Pooh Attraction.
For some reason, the availability of Fast pass on this ride really slows the stand by line down.
Yes, I can, and do get a FP for this ride sometimes, but sometimes I don't get to fantasyland all that early and all the fast passes are gone.

I really hate that there is fast Pass availability during extra Magic Hours for this attraction.:mad:

C&D

Not a fan of Fastpast, but it is available; so if use you it, you use it. I lament seeing all those people going ahead of me; but that's the breaks; I'll get over it. :)

I_heart_Tigger

I personally know of 4 families who had their first Disney trip this year so don't be too hard on people who don't know all the ropes. Not everyone gets to visit as often as you might and there was a time when we all had our first visit.

Not an excuse for dirty looks but just something to think about

Rob562

I personally know of 4 families who had their first Disney trip this year so don't be too hard on people who don't know all the ropes. Not everyone gets to visit as often as you might and there was a time when we all had our first visit.

Not an excuse for dirty looks but just something to think about

True, but when Disney devotes two whole sections of the park guidemaps to advertising Fastpass and explaining how it works (and that it's free) in giant print, there's really no valid excuse for not knowing about it...

-Rob

I_heart_Tigger

True, but when Disney devotes two whole sections of the park guidemaps to advertising Fastpass and explaining how it works (and that it's free) in giant print, there's really no valid excuse for not knowing about it...

-Rob

I do agree with you, the information is definately there but I like to give newbies a little training time leeway until they get the hang of how to do everything in the parks the way a seasoned pro would.

Besides I think comments like "You think you're so special because you have a pass" is indicative of a deeper issue than simply not knowing how it works. Sounds like the middle of an argument or a very confrontational approach for a stranger in a queue.

se8472

-Rob

Its unrealistic to expect everyone to read the entire park map forwards and backwards. People are on vacation, sometimes they don't even get a map on the way in.

I understand FP has been around for over 10 years now, but I also understand that some people (who might be 50 years of age) are on their first visit to the parks. While I do hope that people will do some homework about wdw before coming, I also don't expect everyone to know everything about this place.

Just gotta let it be.

DizneyPryncess

I had two acquaintances visiting WDW for the first time this summer. Both of them were under the impression that Fast Pass was something extra that you had to purchase to skip the lines for rides. Neither of them were planning on "buying it". I'm assuming they would have read the info when they got there & understood it, but who knows. I'm wondering if a lot of people think that's what fast pass is?

agent86

when you see them getting a fastpass when theres like a 5 minute wait.

That is what you call a FastPass FAIL!!:lol:

This is a good example of why you shouldn't be too quick to assume. The people you see doing this might be strategizing rather than being "ignorant". I've had many occasions where I've gotten a fastpass for a ride that had little or no wait. A perfect example is Space Mountain at DL right at park opening. For the first 45 minutes or so, you can usually walk straight on the ride before a line starts to build. I pretty much make it a regular practice to get a fastpass, ride as many times as possible before the line starts to build, and then use the fastpass once the line does start to build.

Rob562

Its unrealistic to expect everyone to read the entire park map forwards and backwards. People are on vacation, sometimes they don't even get a map on the way in.

I understand FP has been around for over 10 years now, but I also understand that some people (who might be 50 years of age) are on their first visit to the parks. While I do hope that people will do some homework about wdw before coming, I also don't expect everyone to know everything about this place.

Just gotta let it be.

True, but the maps are designed such that the FP segment is the first thing you see when you open the map up from its folded state. If the text of "want to cut your wait in line?" doesn't get people's attention, then they deserve to be in the Standby line thinking that FP is an extra-fee option that they don't qualify for...

-Rob

barnebd5

Original Poster
I had two acquaintances visiting WDW for the first time this summer. Both of them were under the impression that Fast Pass was something extra that you had to purchase to skip the lines for rides. Neither of them were planning on "buying it". I'm assuming they would have read the info when they got there & understood it, but who knows. I'm wondering if a lot of people think that's what fast pass is?

When I was a CM that's another question I would always get, "how much extra is it?"

WelshBatman

... on the subject of people abusing the Fast Pass system, while at the Studios recently, I'm in line for fast pass at Tower of Terror and there's a tour group representative (I won't say from where, but you can guess), she sets her bag down on a machine and proceeds to take out this huge stack of tickets and just starts putting them in the machine. WHile I was standing there I counted 25 tickets she had gotten fast passes for and she still had more to go, probably in the area of 35-40 tickets for this tour group. To me, that's a little obscene.

agent86

... on the subject of people abusing the Fast Pass system, while at the Studios recently, I'm in line for fast pass at Tower of Terror and there's a tour group representative (I won't say from where, but you can guess), she sets her bag down on a machine and proceeds to take out this huge stack of tickets and just starts putting them in the machine. WHile I was standing there I counted 25 tickets she had gotten fast passes for and she still had more to go, probably in the area of 35-40 tickets for this tour group. To me, that's a little obscene.

Why? If there were 35-40 people in the group and each one of them is only using one of the fastpasses, then what's the problem? How is that "abusing" fastpass?

WelshBatman

When you've got a huge group like that, why not just wait in stand-by? I have a problem with a huge group doing that. I suppose in the long run, it doesn't matter, but it kinda undermines the whole spirit of the fast pass system. But even worse was the tour group who of about 20-25 in EPCOT who decided to get in the test track single rider line. That was just their problem, because they weren't getting out of Test Track for a while if they did it that way, but it also ruins it for riders behind them, because the real single riders will have to wait a lot longer.

barnebd5

Original Poster
obviously there a many nuances and subtle things that could tweak the system and throw a little "wrench in the works" if you will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom