**People who have been to Disney and come back since Swine Flu**

muse1983

Original Poster
I would like for everyone who has currently visited Disney World and have come back to share their stories involving the flu pandemic. Let us know if you saw anything out of the ordinary while at Disney and if you feel that your health might have been affected in anyway. Let us know what precautions you took if any at all in battling germs while in the park also.

I will be going to Disney World for the first time since 1991 May 16th-30. I am so excited and while I know that the flu won't hinder my time, I however am a huge worrier and would just like to know the stories of others who have recently returned during the overhyped swine flu pandemic. Thanks!!

Nemo14

I would like for everyone who has currently visited Disney World and have come back to share their stories involving the flu pandemic. Let us know if you saw anything out of the ordinary while at Disney and if you feel that your health might have been affected in anyway. Let us know what precautions you took if any at all in battling germs while in the park also.

I will be going to Disney World for the first time since 1991 May 16th-30. I am so excited and while I know that the flu won't hinder my time, I however am a huge worrier and would just like to know the stories of others who have recently returned during the overhyped swine flu pandemic. Thanks!!
We just got back today. We saw exactly one person wearing a surgical mask. We just did our usual hand washing or pureling after touching hand rails or ride handles, but we try to do that whenever we go. The parks were moderately busy, and I didn't see any change in routines for most people. Monorails and busses were still packed.

EPCOT Explorer

3496780725_f334178c19.jpg

:lookaroun

Just kidding.:)
If you are careful, clean, and wash your hands frequently you should be fine.:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
First, relax!

Second, don't panic!

[maybe those should go the other way around? :veryconfu]

The H1N1 virus that is currently in the news appears to be a much milder strain of flu than first thought. If you wash your hands regularly [not obsessively, just remember to wash them], avoid putting your hands near your mouth and eyes and take reasonable precautions when you are around others who appear to be symptomatic, you should be fine. If you do happen to develop flu-like symptoms, get checked out by a physician.

There is reason to be careful, but no reason to be panicked.

iKat

We live in Orlando, and DH and I have been twice this week to Epcot and MK. We saw one person with a mask on - an older guy who seemed to already have health problems. That was it, nothing that out of the ordinary.

We just brought some Purell with us, which we usually don't do.

Enjoy your trip!

We will be going May 23-30 and don't intend to change any plans. I will continue to monitor the pandemic and make decisions accordingly, but hopefully the virus will not be any worse than the regular flu virus. We've always taken GermX and tried to use it several times a day. My heart goes out to all of those who have already been affected by it. And good luck to everyone that will be visiting Disney over the next few months.

EpcoTim

I got back last night. That pandemic broke into our hotel room and stole our luggage and then a CM told me it had shut down Space Mountain.

kcnole

I was just in Orlando last week, however I didn't visit Disney. That said, everything looked normal. The media has blown this thing way out of proportion. There doesn't seem to be any indication that we should be any more afraid of this flu strain than any other.

fosse76

I was just in Orlando last week, however I didn't visit Disney. That said, everything looked normal. The media has blown this thing way out of proportion. There doesn't seem to be any indication that we should be any more afraid of this flu strain than any other.

There never has been...except for the media. Even WHO got into the act only a few days ago. And regardless of what the government says, it is extremely appropriate to call it the Swine Flu, as MOST of its genetic code is from a flu strain only found in pigs. Like all flu strains, it mutated and adapted to infect humans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom