People Watching in the World

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes. It's a sport. No. It's not for everyone. But, I rather enjoy it.

For those that partake - What are your best "spots" when you need to come up for air for about 20-30 minutes?

Splitsville table tops DS
Terralina patio DS
The rocking chairs just outside the meet and greets on Main street.
The tables just over the bridge in France
Spice Road
The area across from Germany
Dawa Bar in AK
The Trevi fountain in Italy

My personal favorite is right about where Morocco meets Japan....just after a heavy downpour. There's this puddle (might qualify as a mini-lake).

I get a frozen Kirin and watch everyone not paying attention, texting, and running - just splash right in. I do however, yell out "Be careful of the puddle" when I feel it will impact someone undeserving. For the rest - I just watch, armed with a Muttley laugh. The DW is over it - If it rains. I'm at Epcot. It always comes up. - "You're going to watch the puddle, aren't you". "Yep". "Fine, I'm going to shop"

Smiley/OCD

I LOVE to people watch and do it all over, but especially in the hub, around Casey's. I also love to start conversations with guests on the buses or in the queues...my family HATES it when I do it, but having worked on the air in radio, I can strike up a conversation with ANYONE.

LUVofDIS

I personally hardly ever stop to people watch, but I do remember reading an article many years ago how people use to sit at the base of Humunga Kowabunga to see women in bikinis exposed. I remember the seats in 94 but I haven't noticed them the last few times I have been there. I never sat to watch, but I am sure it has been entertaining at times.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Waiting in line for an attraction...First you see them and make a judgement, and then get to hear their conversations and judge them more based on what you hear.

You can even make it an experiment by saying something to them and see how different ppl react.

Frankie The Beer

Yeesh, nothing is more creepy than complete strangers taking pictures of me and my girlfriend. What the hell are you going to do with them? Not a fan of people watching, nothing personal strictly business.

Alice a

In the Odyssey or Wonders of Life when they are open for festivals.

I get to enjoy a rarely-open, architecturally-interesting space that I have fond memories of, pre-closing, and it's also really fun to watch the noobs getting to experience it for the first time, or the oldies (like me) remembering when with/to their companions.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
TIP: As long as you have another person with you, have them be a decoy for taking pictures of stranger things, without looking nosy. You can look back in amusement and wax sentimental over the time that oddly-dressed person was doing such-and-such.

Ricky Spanish

I am a people watcher.
I do it all the time.
Due to some meds that I am on I can't ride all the rides that I want.
So I chill while the family rides and rides and rides.
The first place I relax at is the outside area by the Test Track exit.
There are a bunch of benches there.
The second is near the exit of Expedition Everest.
I have a favorite rock that I sit on.
I always snicker at the "matching themed family t-shirts"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom